Kestrel 5400 WBGT Heat Stress Tracker
In Stock - Ships Same/Next Business Day
Most user-friendly WBGT meter on the market. Detect when heat-related conditions are unsafe well before your body does.The next generation of WBGT and environment monitoring is the here with the Kestrel 5400 Weather Meter.
The Kestrel 5400 is a handheld, portable, WBGT (Wet Bulb Globe Temperature) measurement tool and environmental data logger. No need for distilled water, bulky globes, complicated setup or expensive equipment. Getting accurate measurements couldn’t be easier: just hold the Kestrel Heat Stress Tracker in the area of interest for both instantaneous and average WBGT measurements. Set the appropriate WBGT thresholds for flag warnings and the loud buzzer, bright LED beacon and on-screen warnings provide instant notification of dangerous conditions. Plus the Kestrel 5400 comes with commonly used heat safety guidelines on a handy, waterproof chart.
Unlike other WBGT meters on the market, the Kestrel 5400 is a full-featured weather meter as well. Measure wind speed, maximum wind gusts, temperature, humidity, pressure, wind chill, density altitude and more. No matter what your activity, the Kestrel 5400 provides insight into the critical conditions affecting safety, performance and success. The Kestrel 5400 with LiNK wireless data communication adds a compass for tracking wind direction as well, expanding its usability to include HAZMAT response, and even measuring headwind at the running track!
In addition to measuring the current environmental conditions, the Kestrel 5400 tracks and logs over 10,000 sets of time-stamped data. Your data log can be transferred to a mobile device wirelessly with the LiNK wireless communication option and Kestrel LiNK app, or to a PC/MAC with either the accessory Kestrel LiNK Dongle or waterproof USB Data Transfer Cable (available separately).
Pair the Kestrel 5400 with the optional Kestrel Vane Mount for hands-free measurements over the course of the practice, training session or workday. And for maximum functionality, choose the Kestrel 5400 with LiNK to transmit live measurements to your phone or tablet when you’re within range. The Kestrel LiNK app will also display alerts on your mobile device to let you know when conditions have become dangerous.
What’s New in the Kestrel 5400:
You may Also Be Interested in:
- Kestrel 5000 Series Vane Mount
- Belt Carry Pouch and other Cases
- USB Data Transfer Cable
- Kestrel LiNK Dongle for PC or Mac
- Spare/Replacement Wind Impeller
- Altitude (Barometric)
- Barometric Pressure
- Density Altitude
- Dew Point Temperature
- Globe Temperature
- Heat Stress Index
- Naturally Aspirated Wet Bulb Temperature
- Relative Humidity
- Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)
- Thermal Work Limit (TWL)
- Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
- Wet Bulb Globe Temperature (WBGT)
- Wind Chill
- Wind Speed
Who’s Using the Kestrel 5400 Weather Meter:
- Athletics & Outdoor Sports
- Coaches & Trainers
- Construction & HVAC
- Education & Classroom Use
- Facilities Management
- Hazardous Materials Response
- Industrial Hygiene
- Law Enforcement
- Military Training and Operations
- Outdoor Event Organizers
Works with Compatible Apps:
Kestrel LiNK for Windows & Mac
Simple communication to Windows and Mac computers is provided through the optional LiNK .USB Dongle or USB Data Transfer Cable.
Kestrel LiNK for iOS & Android
Wirelessly connect with iOS and Android devices. View real-time measurements, receive on-screen alerts and download your data. Logged data can be viewed, analyzed, archived and shared via e-mail, Facebook and Twitter.
Models & SKUs:
- Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress Tracker (Orange): 0854ORA
- Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress Tracker (Tan): 0854TAN
- Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress Tracker + Vane Mount (Orange): 0854VORA
- Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress Tracker + Vane Mount (Tan): 0854VTAN
- Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress Tracker Pro with Compass and LiNK + Vane Mount (Orange): 0854LVCORA
- Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress Tracker Pro with Compass and LiNK + Vane Mount (TAN): 0854LVCTAN
- Neck Lanyard
- AA Lithium Battery (Average Life 400 Hours)
- Protective Drawstring Pouch
- Certificate of Conformity (with complete specifications)
- Instruction Manual
- Five Year Warranty