Limited Time Special! We will throw in a FREE Extreme Meters MOLLE/PALS Tactical Case by Gerber with purchase of this Meter!
The Kestrel 5700 Hornady® 4DOF® advanced handheld Ballistics Meter for long range hunters and shooters offers next level accuracy for first round hits at extended ranges.
The Kestrel 5700 Ballistics Weather Meter with Hornady 4DOF quickly and accurately determines long range holdovers and windage corrections to get you on target with first round hits. This all-in-one unit combines real-time environmental measurements with the 4DOF ballistics calculator for a rugged and dependable, compact yet powerful long-range shooting tool. No more DOPE cards, guessing at the wind, or being unsure where your bullet will hit when you change elevation.
The Kestrel Hornady® 4DOF® (Four Degrees Of Freedom) Ballistic Calculator:
Determines trajectory solutions based on projectile Drag Coefficient (not Ballistic Coefficient), combined with exact physical modeling of the projectile and its mass and aerodynamic properties. Additionally, it is the first publicly available calculator that will accurately determine the correct vertical shift a bullet experiences as it encounters a crosswind; referred to as Aerodynamic Jump (AJ).
The Hornady 4DOF® also accurately calculates angled shots by accounting for important conditions that current programs overlook. The use of Drag Coefficient and the calculation of Aerodynamic Jump enable the Hornady 4DOF® Ballistic Calculator to be the most accurate trajectory calculator commercially available.
Kestrel 5700 Portable Weather Station:
Every Kestrel 5700 Meter is also a fully functional portable weather station. Kestrel is known internationally for having the most accurate, dependable and durable weather meters. They are the preferred handheld weather meter of the USA Military, Wildland Firefighters and many other professions where having a accurate, durable, waterproof and drop-proof weather meter is critical.
Download the free Kestrel Ballistics app for iOS (iPhone – iPad) or Android. You can use the app to Build and manage your gun/bullet profiles and download them to your Kestrel 5700 before you set out to the range or match. The Kestrel 5700 Hornady 4DOF Ballistics Meter can store (3) gun profiles and (1) target.
At the range or match, secure your Kestrel 5700 to a tripod using the optional Kestrel Vane Mount and use the Kestrel Ballistics app to quickly adjust the target range and view the shooting solution without leaving your shooting position. Using the Kestrel 5 Series Vane Kestrel Mount will also let the meter populate wind speed and direction automatically to the built-in 4DOF software. It’s like having a meteorologist and ballistician standing next to you while you shoot.
The Kestrel 5 Series platform offers a large, high-resolution and contrast display with ease of font readability. It also includes a built-in dual color backlight, extra-strong polycarbonate lens, AA battery operation and optional LiNK iOS and Android wireless connectivity and app support. Like all Kestrel meters, the Kestrel 5700 is drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand harsh environments without damage– so it can accompany you to the range or hunt for years to come. A range of carry pouch options makes it even easier to take your Kestrel 5700 with you.
- Ballistics Calculator - Hornady 4DOF® Solver
- Backlight - Switchable White/Red
- Battery Life Indicator
- Data Log Graph View
- Data Logging - Adjustable Interval
- Date & Time
- Digital Compass
- Drop-Tested to MIL-STD-810G
- High Contrast, Sunlight Readable Monochrome LCD Display
- Integrated Flip Open Impeller Cover
- Intuitive Tactile Up/Down/Enter Keypad
- LiNK Wireless Communication - When Option Selected (Bluetooth low energy)*
- Multilingual Menus (English, French, Spanish, German)
- Minimum/Maximum/Average Reading
- Pressure Sensor
- Relative Humidity Sensor
- Temperature Sensor (Patented External Isolated)
- Waterproof to IP67 (3'/1M for 30 minutes)
- Aerodynamic Jump Correction
- Axial Form Factor Calibration
- Basic Ballistic Data Table
- *Connect with LiNK Compatible Range Finders
- Coriolis Correction
- Create and store 1 Target
- Create and store up to 3 Gun/Bullet Profiles
- Easy Mode: Step-by-Step Set Up Guidance
- G7/G1 Solver
- Hornady Bullet Library
- Muzzle Velocity-Temperature Sensitivity Correction
- MV-Temp Table
- Spin Drift Correction
- Supports Mil, MOA, Clicks, in, and cm
- Standard and Night Vision Preserving Backlight
- Target Range Estimator
- Target Lead Calculator for Moving Targets
- Target Speed Estimator Tool
- Zero Angle Calculation
- Altitude (Barometric)
- Barometric Pressure
- Compass Direction
- Density Altitude
- Dew Point Temperature
- Heat Stress Index
- Relative Humidity
- Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)
- Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
- Wind Chill
- Wind Speed/Air Speed
Who’s Using the Kestrel 5700 Ballistics Meter:
- Law Enforcement
- Precision & Competitive Shooting
Works with the following apps:
Kestrel LiNK Ballistics App for iOS & Android:
Wirelessly connect with mobile devices. When in range, manage and transfer gun profiles, adjust Kestrel target range, and view shooting solutions on the mobile device. Multi-target view provides single-screen summary of customized targets – perfect for match day. Most effective when paired with the Kestrel Vane Mount for real-time windage solutions.
Kestrel LiNK for Windows & Mac
Simple communication to Windows and Mac computers is provided through the optional LiNK .USB Dongle or USB Data Transfer Cable. Download your data to view, analyze and archive. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters.
Kestrel LiNK for iOS & Android
Wirelessly connect with iOS and Android devices. When in range, view real-time measurements, receive on-screen alerts and download your data. Logged data can be viewed, analyzed, archived and shared via e-mail, Facebook and Twitter. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters. NOTE: Range up to 100’ line of sight – reduced by walls and obstructions.
Models & SKUs:
- Kestrel 5700 Hornady Ballistics Weather Meter with LiNK (0857HLSND)
- Neck Lanyard
- AA Lithium Battery (Average Life 400 Hours)
- Protective Drawstring Pouch
- Certificate of Conformity (with complete specifications)
- Instruction Manual
- Five Year Warranty
You may Also Be Interested in:
- Kestrel 5000 Series Vane Mount
- Belt Carry Pouch and other Cases
- USB Data Transfer Cable
- Kestrel LiNK Dongle for PC or Mac
- Spare/Replacement Wind Impeller
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.