Limited Time Special! We will throw in a FREE Extreme Meters MOLLE/PALS Tactical Case by Gerber with purchase of this Meter!
Know where your bullet will hit before you pull the trigger.
The newly designed Kestrel 5700 Ballistics Weather Meter measures wind, altitude and all critical weather and ballistic variables to calculate an accurate aim point for long-range shooting. No more DOPE cards, re-zeroing or guessing at the wind. This all-in-one compact tool combines onsite environmental measurements with a powerful G1/G7 ballistics calculator to deliver precise elevation and windage solutions for any gun, any round, any shot. Get first-shot confidence with the all-in-one, long range shooting solution trusted by long range hunters and shooters. This 5700 will grow with you. The Kestrel 5700 is upgradable to the Kestrel 5700 Elite with all of the Elites premium features. The upgrade price is $300.00 which when adding the 5700 and the upgrade is the same price as a new 5700 Elite with LiNK.
For the Kestrel 5700 Elite, go here: Kestrel 5700 Elite
- Employs a G1/G7 ballistic solver, correcting for Aerodynamic Jump, Spin Drift and Coriolis to achieve accurate long-range shots.
- Easy Mode walks you through a simple step-by-step guide to using your Kestrel so you can learn faster and start shooting long range with confidence.
- Muzzle Velocity Calibration Guide allows for accurate measurement of bullet speed without a chronograph to improve accuracy.
- Environmental Capture measures and adjusts for actual conditions wherever you are and automatically updates the ballistic solution - eliminating the need to re-zero when moving to a different altitude.
- LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth® low energy provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers and integration with LiNK compatible laser range finders for improved speed and accuracy. (Note: LiNK Dongle sold separately)
- Choice of solution units (Mils, MOA, Clicks, Inches or Centimeters)- works with any gun or targeting scope.
- Weather mode offers the full environmental measurements, storage and charting capabilities of the Kestrel 5500 Weather Meter, including wind speed, direction, crosswind, temperature, humidity, pressure and altitude.
- Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight. Includes both bright white and night-vision-preserving red backlight.
- Kestrel LiNK for Ballistics app on iOS and Android provides convenient gun management and backup, access to the Applied Ballistics library of scientifically tested bullet data and the ability to view your Kestrel’s solution remotely on your mobile device.
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards).
- Protective pouch, neck lanyard and Lithium AA battery included.
- 5-year warranty.
The next generation of ballistics weather meter is here with the Kestrel 5700 Ballistics Weather Meter.
The Kestrel 5700 is a tremendous value in full-featured ballistics calculators. Providing the same trusted accuracy, reliability, and usability as the original Kestrel 5700 Elite Ballistics Weather Meter, this integrated weather meter and ballistics solver takes the guesswork out of long-range shooting and is an ideal companion for hunters, competitive, and recreational shooters working to stretch their reach in long-range shooting.
The Kestrel 5 Series platform offers a large, high-resolution and contrast display with ease of font readability. It also includes a built-in dual color backlight, extra-strong polycarbonate lens, AA battery operation and optional LiNK iOS and Android wireless connectivity and app support. Like all Kestrel meters, the Kestrel 5700 is drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand harsh environments without damage– so it can accompany you to the range or hunt for years to come. A range of carry pouch options makes it even easier to take your Kestrel 5700 with you.
Buy the Kestrel 5700 with LiNK and get the power of the Kestrel LiNK Ballistics app for Android or the Kestrel Link Ballistics app for iOS for free. Build and manage your gun/bullet profiles and download them to your Kestrel 5700 before you set out. At the range or match, secure your Kestrel 5700 to a tripod using the optional Kestrel Vane Mount and use the app to quickly adjust the target range and view the shooting solution and wind rose without leaving your shooting position. It’s like having a meteorologist and ballistician standing next to you while you shoot.
In addition to the ballistics solver capabilities, the Kestrel 5700 is a comprehensive weather meter for measurement and logging of primary environmental conditions: wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, heat index, pressure and altitude. Paired with the Vane Mount, the Kestrel 5700 Ballistics Weather Meter becomes a compact, easily-deployable weather station. Your data log can be transferred to a iOS/Android device wirelessly with the LiNK wireless communication option and Kestrel LiNK app, or to a Windows/Mac device with either the accessory Kestrel LiNK Dongle or waterproof USB Data Transfer Cable (Both sold separately).
Kestrels have been put to the test in some of the harshest conditions on the planet. U.S. Special Forces, combat weather teams, wildland firefighters, smoke jumpers, Mt. Everest expeditions and auto pit crews are just a few who rely on a Kestrel to provide them with the crucial environmental data they need. Watch any on-screen meteorologist during a hurricane, and you’re sure to spot a Kestrel in action. With a Kestrel 5700, you can put accurate shooting solutions and environmental measurements in the palm of your hand, anywhere your adventure takes you.
- Altitude (Barometric)
- Barometric Pressure
- Compass Direction
- Density Altitude
- Dew Point Temperature
- Heat Stress Index
- Relative Humidity
- Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)
- Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
- Wind Chill
- Wind Speed/Air Speed
Who’s Using the Kestrel 5700 Ballistics Meter:
- Law Enforcement
- Precision & Competitive Shooting
Works with the following apps:
Kestrel LiNK Ballistics App for iOS & Android:
Wirelessly connect with mobile devices. When in range, manage and transfer gun profiles, adjust Kestrel target range, and view shooting solutions on the mobile device. Multi-target view provides single-screen summary of customized targets – perfect for match day. Most effective when paired with the Kestrel Vane Mount for real-time windage solutions.
Kestrel LiNK for Windows & Mac
Simple communication to Windows and Mac computers is provided through the optional LiNK .USB Dongle or USB Data Transfer Cable. Download your data to view, analyze and archive. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters.
Kestrel LiNK for iOS & Android
Wirelessly connect with iOS and Android devices. When in range, view real-time measurements, receive on-screen alerts and download your data. Logged data can be viewed, analyzed, archived and shared via e-mail, Facebook and Twitter. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters. NOTE: Range up to 100’ line of sight – reduced by walls and obstructions.
Models & SKUs:
- Kestrel 5700 Ballistics Weather Meter with LiNK (0857BLTAN)
- Neck Lanyard
- AA Lithium Battery (Average Life 400 Hours)
- Protective Drawstring Pouch
- Certificate of Conformity (with complete specifications)
- Instruction Manual
- Five Year Warranty
You may Also Be Interested in:
- Kestrel 5000 Series Vane Mount
- Belt Carry Pouch and other Cases
- USB Data Transfer Cable
- Kestrel LiNK Dongle for PC or Mac
- Spare/Replacement Wind Impeller
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
If you get the 5700 ballistic with link, what is the process to upgrade it to the elite version with applied ballistics?
Hi, the upgrade is $300. All you need to do is to notify us you wish to upgrade your 5700 to a 5700 Elite. We will send you instructions on how to do this.
How to Upgrade Your Unit:
Enter your Kestrel 5700/Ruger Kestrel 5700 Ballistics Meter serial number and purchase the Kestrel Elite upgrade. You will receive an e-mail with your firmware file. Generally we send the file same day or next day, but occasionally it may take up to two business days. You will need the Kestrel LiNK Dongle or USB Data Transfer Cable to perform the upgrade. After you receive the firmware upgrade file AND have the dongle or cable, you can download and install LiNK for Windows or LiNK for OSX/macOS Follow the instructions on the "help" tab of Kestrel LiNK for Windows or OS X to install upgraded firmware.