Get the world’s most complete ballistics calculator – a rugged Kestrel Weather Meter with the "science of accuracy" built in!
The Kestrel 5700 Elite Weather Meter provides the full capabilities of the Applied Ballistics Elite ballistics solver along with accurate measurement of wind and air density to deliver elevation and windage solutions for unprecedented accuracy on extended long range shots.
Bundle Deal Includes:
- Your Choice of Black, Desert Tan, Olive Drab, Blaze or Flat Dark Earth (0857AL) (5700) Bluetooth Kestrel Applied Ballistics Elite Meter with LiNK
- Your Choice of Case
- 2 Pack of Energizer AA Ultimate Lithium Batteries (Average Life 400 Hours Each)
- Kestrel Vane Mount with Vane Mount / Meter Case
- Kestrel Portable Tripod (Or choose Kestrel Collapsible Tripod for additional fee)
- Kestrel 5 Series Screen Protector Kit
- Neck Lanyard
- Another AA Energizer Ultimate Lithium Battery (Average Life 400 Hours)
- Protective Drawstring Pouch
- Certificate of Conformity (with complete specifications)
- Instruction Manual
- Five Year Warranty
(NEW!) Easy Mode (Ballistics Meters with LiNK only):
Easy Mode is a simplified version of Ballistics mode with additional guidance for users new to using the Kestrel.
Gun Storage Capacity
Easily store up to 30 custom gun profiles, up from 16, that include an exhaustive list of rifles, loads and accessories to choose from.
View the new Trace value directly on Range Card for a more precise measurement option. The Trace calculation will display the Mils/MOA above your point of aim where the bullet will reach its peak and thus Trace will be most visible.
Optional Privacy Setting
With the addition of a Privacy PIN code in the Bluetooth menu, unauthorized and accidental connections can be prevented. Plus, protect saved data and enjoy increased security by using this Privacy setting in the Kestrel Ballistics LiNK app.
Custom Drag Model Memory
Keep Custom Drag Models saved in profile memory with the ability to seamlessly scroll to G1 or G7 models and back to custom without losing data.
Expanded Bullet Library
Access new and updated information in the Applied Ballistics bullet library via the Kestrel LiNK Ballistics app for an extensive catalogue of bullet data.
Saved User Name
After a firmware update, your Kestrel will now retain the user-generated nickname given to it, making it easier to find in Bluetooth search lists.
Shortcut between Weather & Ballistics Mode
Quickly switch between Weather and Ballistics mode with a simple double-tap action. With this update you’ll now return to the same ballistics screen you were on before switching to weather mode.
What are custom drag profiles and why are they better than G1 & G7 BC's?
Applied Ballistics has been providing custom drag models for use in trajectory prediction for the past several years. Custom Drag Models (CDM’s) for bullets are a more refined way of modeling drag for bullets because you’re not referencing a standard like G1 or G7, rather you’re using the actual measured drag of a specific bullet in a ballistic solver. This results in more accurate trajectory predictions especially thru transonic.
Historically, one of the biggest challenges of calculating accurate trajectories was properly modeling the aerodynamic drag of bullets. Applied Ballistics ongoing live fire research in this area has elevated the state of the art by reducing the uncertainty in this area.
In summary, the measured CDM’s provided by Applied Ballistics have increased the accuracy of ballistic solvers. These CDM’s are available for all 500+ bullets in the AB library, and run on the various platforms and devices which run the AB program. This is the state of the art, in your hands.
Kestrel Elite LiNK enabled units can wirelessly communicate with mobile devices, computers and integrate with LiNK compatible laser range finders like the SIG SAUER KILO 2400BDX for improved speed and accuracy.
Applied Ballistics solver the Kestrel Elite is intended for shooters who want to reach deep into the transonic and subsonic range.
Kestrel Elite LiNK enabled unites can wirelessly communicate with mobile devices and computers and integrate with LiNK compatible laser range finders for improved speed and accuracy.
Kestrel Elite Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics Overview
- Employs the Applied Ballistics bullet library of custom drag models, an exact measurement of your bullet’s drag profile plus corrections for Aerodynamic Jump, Spin Drift, Coriolis, and Drop Scale Factoring to achieve accurate extended long-range shots.
- Expanded features include a customizable Range Card and an expanded Ballistics Data Table, as well as storage for up to 30 gun and bullet profiles and 5 saved targets.
- Weather mode offers the full environmental measurements, storage and charting capabilities of the Kestrel 5500 Weather Meter, including wind speed, direction, crosswind, temperature, humidity, pressure and altitude.
- LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth Smart® provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers (LiNK Dongle required for Windows/Mac PC's) and integration with LiNK compatible laser range finders for improved speed and accuracy
- Kestrel LiNK for Ballistics app on Android and iOS provides full gun management as well as access to the Applied Ballistics library of custom drag models for transfer to the Kestrel.
- Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight. Includes both bright white and night-vision-preserving red backlight.
- Choice of solution units (Mils, true MOA, Shooter’s MOA, or clicks) - works with any gun or targeting scope.
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards) and floats.
- Protective pouch, neck lanyard and Lithium AA battery included.
- 5-year warranty.
Features Comparison Chart
- Barometric Pressure
- Density Altitude
- Dew Point Temperature
- Direction (Wind Direction and Orientation)
- Heat Stress Index
- Relative Humidity
- Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)
- Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
- Wind Chill
- Wind Speed
Works with Compatible Apps:
Kestrel LiNK Ballistics App for iOS & Android:
Wirelessly connect with mobile devices. When in range, manage and transfer gun profiles, adjust Kestrel target range, and view shooting solutions on the mobile device. Multi-target view provides single-screen summary of customized targets – perfect for match day. Most effective when paired with the Kestrel Vane Mount for real-time windage solutions.Wirelessly connect with iOS and Android devices. When in range, view real-time measurements, receive on-screen alerts and download your data. Logged data can be viewed, analyzed, archived and shared via e-mail, Facebook and Twitter. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters. NOTE: Range up to 100’ line of sight – reduced by walls and obstructions.
You may Also Be Interested in:
- Kestrel 5000 Series Vane Mount
- Belt Carry Pouch and other Cases
- USB Data Transfer Cable
- Kestrel LiNK Dongle for PC or Mac
- Spare/Replacement Wind Impeller
Models & SKUs:
- Kestrel Elite Applied Ballistics & LiNK (Black): 0857ALBLK
- Kestrel Elite Applied Ballistics & LiNK (Olive): 0857ALOLV
- Kestrel Elite Applied Ballistics & LiNK (Tan): 0857ALTAN
- Kestrel Elite Applied Ballistics & LiNK (Blaze): 0857ALBLZ
- Kestrel Elite Applied Ballistics & LiNK (Blaze): 0857ALFDE
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
I’m looking at the Kestrel 5700 elite package deal. I’ve never seen one in use. I’m wondering if it constantly updates corrections as wind conditions change. Sort of act as a wind coach as you practice.
The best thing about the bundle deal is the vane mount, tripod and your Kestrel Ballistics LiNK app on a smartphone. Here are the instructions:
As an alternative to the Wind Capture method described previously, you may mount your Kestrel on a tripod using the Kestrel Vane Mount. The Vane Mount ensures the Kestrel remains oriented into the wind and allows for continuous update of the windage solution. For convenience, this method works best when the firing solution is being displayed on a mobile device using Kestrel LiNK Ballistics.
How to Set the Kestrel to Continuous Wind Capture Select the correct Gun and Target and set the Direction of Fire.
- In the Ballistics Menu, highlight Wind and press the red Capture button.
- An arrow will appear next to the Wind menu item to indicate the unit is now in wind capture mode.
- While in wind capture mode, manual inputs to the unit will be locked and changes in wind speed or direction will automatically update the Targeting Screen Windage solution.
- To close wind capture press the red Capture button again.
Have called and not received any response. The recording always says your closed. I want to put in a bundle order just want to verify thr 5700 elite does have Link. Thanks
Hi and thank you for contacting us! We had a new phone system installed are having some issues that we are nailing out. Yes, this bundle deal does include the Kestrel 5700 Elite with LiNK. Thanks!