Whether you're pouring concrete, balancing HVAC systems, or monitoring job site conditions, the Kestrel 5200 takes the calculations and guesswork out of your job with integrated specialty calculations.
The Kestrel 5200 offers advanced calculators and readings that are unique in the portable meter market and are designed to make your job easier. In addition to measuring current environmental conditions, the Kestrel 5200 tracks and logs over 10,000 sets of time-stamped data. Your data log can be transferred to a mobile device wirelessly with the LiNK wireless communication option and Kestrel LiNK app, or to a PC/MAC with either the accessory Kestrel LiNK Dongle or waterproof USB Data Transfer Cable (available separately).
The Kestrel 5200 has the American Concrete Institute Evaporation Rate nomograph built in, and displays the Evaporation Rate right on screen with no calculation or error-prone interpolation. With that information in hand, decisions about additives to the mix or curing adjustments can be made, prevent costly plastic shrinkage cracks of the slab. Plus, the Kestrel 5200 allows you to monitor wind-loading on booms and cranes, and even track the heat index on your work site to keep your workers safe.
Volume air flow couldn’t get any easier than this. Simply input the duct shape and dimensions and traverse the Kestrel 5200 across the duct. You’ll get instantaneous and average volume air flow without the need for any geometry or calculations. readings that greatly assist in commissioning and performance balancing HVAC systems. While not a replacement for a balometer, the Kestrel 5200 is far less expensive and can save you time and money. The Kestrel 5200 also offers every commonly-used measurement of moisture content in air, making life easy to determine dehumidification needs.
The 5200 with LiNK Bluetooth Connectivity, gives you the option to transfer data wirelessly to an iOS (iPhone, iPad) device or Android smartphone or tablet when within range using the appropriate app (See Below). Also with the 5200 with LiNK Meter, you can transfer data wirelessly to a Windows or Mac computer using the optional Kestrel Bluetooth USB Dongle.
- Automatically calculates evaporation rate based on current weather conditions, and measures air velocity, air flow, air density, relative air density, delta T, and much more. 17 measurements in all!
- New concrete Evaporation Rate Solver calculates the evaporation rate for different sets of environmental conditions and displays the risk for plastic shrinkage cracking (Low/Medium/High) allowing contractors to take steps to prevent cracking
- Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight and is backlit for use in low-light conditions
- Handheld, portable, data logger with on-screen graphing and measurement statistics
- Optional LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth® low energy provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers
Check out our Concrete Pro Jobsite Weather Kit. Includes a Small Tripod, Extension, Vane Mount and Hard Case.
- Current Wind Speed
- Maximum Wind Gust
- Average Wind Speed
Altitude (Pressure Based)
- Barometric Pressure
- Dew Point Temperature
- Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
- Pressure Trend
- Relative Humidity
- Wind Chill
- Density Altitude
- Air Density
- Relative Air Density
- Heat Stress Index
- Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)
- Volume Air Flow (CFM)
- Delta T
- Dew Point Temperature
- Evaporation Rate
- Humidity Ratio (Grains)
- Lightweight, portable and simple set-up - can be used wherever readings are needed at the jobsite
- Automatic Evaporation Rate Calculation based on ACI nomograph – no more charts or inaccurate guesswork
- Comprehensive data-logging and extensive storage capabilities – document all job conditions to demonstrate compliance with protocol and protect against litigation
- LiNK Wireless Bluetooth® Technology – view current and logged data and share job reports with the free Kestrel LiNK app on your mobile device
- LiNK App Alerts – receive customizable alerts on a mobile device when changing weather conditions could pose a problem
- Backlight - Switchable White/Red
- Data Log Graph View
- Drop-Tested to MIL-STD-810G
- Integrated Flip Open Impeller Cover
- LiNK Wireless Communication to Mobile Devices (Bluetooth low energy)*
- Pressure Sensor
- Temperature Sensor (Patented External Isolated)
- Battery Life Indicator
- Date & Time
- Intuitive Tactile Up/Down/Enter Keypad
- Minimum/Maximum/Average Reading
- Relative Humidity Sensor
- Waterproof to IP67 (3'/1M for 30 minutes)
- Dimensions: 5.0 x 1.8 x 1.1 in. / 12.7 x 4.5 x 2.8 cm
- Weight: 3.6 Ounces / 102 Grams
- Kestrel 5200 Manual (PDF)
- MFG Part# 0852HVG, Model# 5200
- MFG Part# 0852LHVG, Model# 5200 with LiNK
Who's using the Kestrel 5200?
- Construction and Concrete Pouring
- Facilities Management
- HVAC & Air Conditioning Balancing
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
What is the difference between Model 5000 and 5200
The Kestrel 5200 will give you the same readings as the Kestrel 5000 but also includes Delta T, Volume Air Flow and Evaporation Rate.
What is the maximum air speed this unit can measure. I need to measure velocities >120mph
While the specification range with guaranteed accuracy is 89.5 MPH, the 5200 will measure wind speeds up to 134 MPH. Anything above that may lead to damage to the impeller.