Whether you're pouring concrete, balancing HVAC systems, or monitoring job site conditions, the Kestrel 5200 takes the calculations and guesswork out of your job with integrated specialty calculations.
The Kestrel 5200 offers advanced calculators and readings that are unique in the portable meter market and are designed to make your job easier. In addition to measuring current environmental conditions, the Kestrel 5200 tracks and logs over 10,000 sets of time-stamped data. Your data log can be transferred to a mobile device wirelessly with the LiNK wireless communication option and Kestrel LiNK app, or to a PC/MAC with either the accessory Kestrel LiNK Dongle or waterproof USB Data Transfer Cable (available separately).
The Kestrel 5200 has the American Concrete Institute Evaporation Rate nomograph built in, and displays the Evaporation Rate right on screen with no calculation or error-prone interpolation. With that information in hand, decisions about additives to the mix or curing adjustments can be made, prevent costly plastic shrinkage cracks of the slab. Plus, the Kestrel 5200 allows you to monitor wind-loading on booms and cranes, and even track the heat index on your work site to keep your workers safe.
Volume air flow couldn’t get any easier than this. Simply input the duct shape and dimensions and traverse the Kestrel 5200 across the duct. You’ll get instantaneous and average volume air flow without the need for any geometry or calculations. readings that greatly assist in commissioning and performance balancing HVAC systems. While not a replacement for a balometer, the Kestrel 5200 is far less expensive and can save you time and money. The Kestrel 5200 also offers every commonly-used measurement of moisture content in air, making life easy to determine dehumidification needs.
The 5200 with LiNK Bluetooth Connectivity, gives you the option to transfer data wirelessly to an iOS (iPhone, iPad) device or Android smartphone or tablet when within range using the appropriate app (See Below). Also with the 5200 with LiNK Meter, you can transfer data wirelessly to a Windows or Mac computer using the optional Kestrel Bluetooth USB Dongle.
- Automatically calculates evaporation rate based on current weather conditions, and measures air velocity, air flow, air density, relative air density, delta T, and much more. 17 measurements in all!
- New concrete Evaporation Rate Solver calculates the evaporation rate for different sets of environmental conditions and displays the risk for plastic shrinkage cracking (Low/Medium/High) allowing contractors to take steps to prevent cracking
- Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight and is backlit for use in low-light conditions
- Handheld, portable, data logger with on-screen graphing and measurement statistics
- Optional LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth® low energy provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers
NEW: Check out our Concrete Pro Jobsite Weather Kit. Includes a Small Tripod, Extension, Vane Mount and Hard Case.
- Current Wind Speed
- Maximum Wind Gust
- Average Wind Speed
Altitude (Pressure Based)
- Barometric Pressure
- Dew Point Temperature
- Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
- Pressure Trend
- Relative Humidity
- Wind Chill
- Density Altitude
- Air Density
- Relative Air Density
- Heat Stress Index
- Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)
- Volume Air Flow (CFM)
- Delta T
- Dew Point Temperature
- Evaporation Rate
- Humidity Ratio (Grains)
- Lightweight, portable and simple set-up - can be used wherever readings are needed at the jobsite
- Automatic Evaporation Rate Calculation based on ACI nomograph – no more charts or inaccurate guesswork
- Comprehensive data-logging and extensive storage capabilities – document all job conditions to demonstrate compliance with protocol and protect against litigation
- LiNK Wireless Bluetooth® Technology – view current and logged data and share job reports with the free Kestrel LiNK app on your mobile device
- LiNK App Alerts – receive customizable alerts on a mobile device when changing weather conditions could pose a problem
- Backlight - Switchable White/Red
- Data Log Graph View
- Drop-Tested to MIL-STD-810G
- Integrated Flip Open Impeller Cover
- LiNK Wireless Communication to Mobile Devices (Bluetooth low energy)*
- Pressure Sensor
- Temperature Sensor (Patented External Isolated)
- Battery Life Indicator
- Date & Time
- Intuitive Tactile Up/Down/Enter Keypad
- Minimum/Maximum/Average Reading
- Relative Humidity Sensor
- Waterproof to IP67 (3'/1M for 30 minutes)
Kestrel 5200 Meter Specifications and Dimensions
- Dimensions: 5.0 x 1.8 x 1.1 in. / 12.7 x 4.5 x 2.8 cm
- Weight: 3.6 Ounces / 102 Grams
- Kestrel 5200 Certificate of Conformity (PDF)
- Kestrel 5200 Sensor Specifications (PDF)
- Kestrel 5200 Manual (PDF)
- MFG Part# 0852HVG, Model# 5200
- MFG Part# 0852LHVG, Model# 5200 with LiNK
Who's using the Kestrel 5200?
- Construction and Concrete Pouring
- Facilities Management
- HVAC & Air Conditioning Balancing
What's in the box?
- Kestrel 5200 Weather Meter
- Neck Lanyard
- AA Lithium Battery (Average Life 400 Hours)
- Protective Drawstring Pouch
- Certificate of Conformity (with complete specifications)
- Instruction Manual
- 5-Year Warranty
Free Shipping with tracking in the USA: ETA 2-3 Business Days. Additional UPS and USPS shipping services / rates are available for preview after placing your item(s) in the cart.
We ship worldwide with few exceptions. International shipping services and rates are available for preview after placing your item(s) in the cart. Please be prepared for any customs fees / taxes your country may charge you.
- Shipment tracking (all destinations): You will receive a shipping notice with tracking after your order ships.
Shipping, Returns & Sales Tax
We are only required to collect sales tax on orders shipping to Pennsylvania.
When will my order ship?
- Orders received by 5:00 PM ET typically ship out the same day they are ordered. USA customers can view the estimated delivery date and rates on the product page.
Free 1-4 day ETA shipping (offer valid within the USA) on all orders.
Free Expedited Shipping
- Free 1-3 Day ETA Expedited shipping on all orders with a value of $200.00 or greater (offer valid within the USA). We typically use UPS for this option so if you have a PO box, USPS times can vary.
Other Shipping Services
- We offer discounted expedited shipping such as Next Day Air, 2nd Day Air and more. All shipping services and rates are available on the product page or in the cart.
Global (worldwide) Shipping
- We ship worldwide with few exceptions. You can view our discounted shipping rates and services on the product page or in the cart.
- All International shipments are insured.
Standard delivery estimated time in transit
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
We stand behind every product we sell. If you are not satisfied with your purchase or have a problem with your item, just send us an email within 40 days of purchase and we will email you a prepaid return label. All you will need are your ExtremeMeters.com order number and we will email the return label within 24 hours to the email address used when placing the order.
ExtremeMeters.com guarantee doesn’t cover ordinary wear and tear or damage caused by improper use or accidents.
If your item has a manufacturing defect in its materials or workmanship (extremely rare), you can return it to us at any time. If sent within 45 days, we will replace or refund. If after 45 days and up to 5 years, it will become a warranty issue.
Once the item(s) are returned to us, it usually takes 24 hours to process refunds.
We do not ship on the following holidays observed in the USA.
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
FREE USA Returns: We accept returns up to 45 days of purchase. Returns must be in brand new, unused condition. We will send our US customers a pre-paid return label which you can print out and attach to your box. International Returns: International customers are responsible for return costs. Click here to submit a return request. You will need your ExtremeMeters.com order number and the email used when placing your order. Important: Please use capital letters when entering your order number. You must enter your information within 40 days from time of order.
Manuals and Specifications
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.