With it's Compass and Bluetooth connectivity, the Kestrel 3550FW Fire Weather Meter will allow you to take your environmental readings on your meter and transfer the readings instantaneously to your mobile device using the free Kestrel app.
Once the data is stored in the Kestrel app, you can share your information using your mobile device. Send via email to a colleague or review stored data in-app. Also included is a spare Kestrel battery!
Fighting wildfires and protecting lives, property and communities demands accurate weather monitoring and the ability to quickly share data to maximize crew safety and deploy resources. The Kestrel 3550FW paired with the free Kestrel app puts powerful tools for monitoring, logging, and sending important weather information for making the most informed decisions for fire management strategy.
Pocket sized, rugged, waterproof, affordable, easy-to-use and equipped with data logging capabilities and wireless data retrieval for monitoring and reporting, the Kestrel 3550FW is your trusted weather guide for fire management and safety.
Consistently accurate measurements of barometric pressure, altitude, dew point, heat stress index, relative humidity, temperature, wind speed and direction, wind chill, temperature and wet bulb readings.
Capture Real-Time Data
Easily view, and record data in real-time on a mobile device with the free Kestrel app.
Send Detailed Reports
Export and send detailed weather reports with GPS location via text or email for vital fire weather data management.
Includes an easy-to-read Probability of Ignition (PIG) and Fine Dead Fuel Moisture (FDFM) reference card.
The new 3550FW meter has Bluetooth connectivity to pair with the Kestrel app for the ability to wirelessly view, share, and export weather data from a mobile device. Download the Kestrel app from the app store to take advantage of the all the features available.
- Bluetooth Wireless Connectivity
- Simple 3-Button Control
- High Contrast, Sunlight Readable Monochrome LCD Display
- Backlight (Blue white)
- Temperature Sensor (Patented External Isolated)
- CR2032 Coin Cell Battery (Average Life 300 Hours)
- Data Hold Function
- Drop-Tested to MIL-STD-810G
- Waterproof to IP67 (3'/1M for 30 minutes)
- Kestrel Certificate of Conformity
- Neck Lanyard
- Patented Impeller and Sensor Technology
- Slip-On Protective Cover
- Time of Day
- User-Replaceable Batteries
- User-Replaceable Impeller
- Waterproof & Floats
- Designed and built in the USA
- Waterproof PIG Reference Card
- Current Wind Speed
- Maximum Wind Gust
- Average Wind Speed
- Wind Direction
- Barometric Pressure
- Dew Point Temperature
- Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
- Pressure Trend
- Heat Stress Index
- Relative Humidity
- Wind Chill
- Dimensions: 4.8 x 1.7 x 0.7 in. / 122 x 42 x 18 mm
- Weight: 2.3 Ounces / 65 Grams
- Kestrel 3550FW Certificate of Conformity (PDF)
- Kestrel 3550FW Sensor Specifications (PDF)
- Kestrel 3500FW Manual (PDF)
- MFG Part# 0835FWLCORA, Model# 3550FW (Orange)
What's in the box?
- Kestrel 3550FW Fire Weather Meter
- Neck Lanyard
- CR2032 Coin Cell Battery (average life 300 hours)
- Kestrel Certificate of Conformity.
- 5 Year Warranty Manufacturers Warranty
- Waterproof PIG Reference Card
Kestrel 1,2,3 Manuals
- Kestrel 1000 Instruction Manual I Download PDF
- Kestrel 2000 Instruction Manual I Download PDF
- Kestrel 2500 Instruction Manual I Download PDF
- Kestrel 3000 Instruction Manual I Download PDF
- Kestrel 3500 Instruction Manual I Download PDF
- Kestrel 3500 Instruction Manual | Download PDF
- Kestrel 3550FW Instruction Manual | Download PDF
- Kestrel 3550AG Instruction Manual | Download PDF
- Kestrel 3500DT Instruction Manual I Download PDF
- Kestrel 123 Series Certificate of Conformity & Sensor Specifications I Download PDF
Kestrel 5 Series Manuals
- Kestrel 5000 Environmental Meter Quick Start Guide Download PDF
- Kestrel 5100 Racing Weather Meter Quick Start Guide / Manual Download PDF
- Kestrel 5200 Professional Environmental Meter Quick Start Guide Download PDF
- Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress Quick Start Guide | Download PDF
- Kestrel 5500 Quick Start Guide / Manual | Download PDF
- Kestrel 5000AG & 5400AG Agriculture and Livestock Meters User Guide | Download PDF
- Kestrel 5400FW & 5500FW Fire Weather Meters | Download PDF
- Kestrel Fire Weather FDFM, PIG Insert | Download PDF
- Kestrel 5 Series Certificate of Conformity & Sensor Specifications Download PDF
- How to UPDATE your Kestrel 5 Series Meter using Windows | Download PDF
- Latest 5 Series Firmware Updates I Download PDF
Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress Meter Inserts
- WBGT Reference Guidelines | Download PDF
- ACGIH WBGT Guidelines | Download PDF
- ACSM Acclimatized & Nonacclimatized WBGT Guidelines | Download PDF
- NATA WBGT Guidelines | Download PDF
- TB Med 507 WBGT Guidelines | Download PDF
- Georgia State High School WBGT Guidelines | Download PDF
- North Carolina State High School WBGT Guidelines | Download PDF
- Vermont State High School Guidelines | Download PDF
Kestrel DROP Bluetooth Dataloggers
- Getting Started with my Kestrel DROP | Download PDF
- Kestrel DROP FAQ's
- Kestrel DROP Certificate of Conformity & Sensor Specifications I Download PDF
Windows, Mac, iOS & Android Apps for Kestrel 5 Series Meters and Kestrel DROP's
Kestrel LiNK for Windows & Mac (Kestrel Series 5 Meters)
Simple communication to Windows and Mac computers is provided through the optional LiNK .USB Dongle or USB Data Transfer Cable. Download your data to view, analyze and archive. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters.
Kestrel LiNK for iOS & Android (Works with Series 5 Meters and Kestrel DROP's
Wirelessly connect with iOS and Android devices. When in range, view real-time measurements, receive on-screen alerts and download your data. Logged data can be viewed, analyzed, archived and shared via e-mail, Facebook and Twitter. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters. NOTE: Range up to 100’ line of sight – reduced by walls and obstructions.
Blue Ocean Megaphone Manual
- Blue Ocean Megaphone Instructions: Download PDF
Frequently asked questions
FAQ's (Click Here)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.