Kestrel 3550AG Bluetooth Weather Meter for Spray Applications
Spray drift can be hazardous to nearby plants and can also cause harm to livestock, people and wildlife.
With the Kestrel 3550AG, you can keep your crop spraying on-target. With it's Bluetooth connectivity, the Kestrel 3550AG will allow you to log data using a smartphone and the Kestrel app with just a simple click.
No matter the size of your operation -- effective herbicide and pesticide application is critical to your success. Prevent drift, eliminate waste, ensure safety and effectiveness – it all starts with monitoring your conditions.
Field-Level Environmental Monitoring for Reliable Decision-Making
It is critical to measure relative humidity, wind speed and wind direction at field-level to minimize waste and maximize safety when spraying. The on-site weather at time of application has a significant impact on the risk of drift. Best management practices include checking weather at the site of application to ensure safe and effective spraying. With a built-in digital compass, the 3550AG measures all relevant environmental conditions for spraying including wind direction.
Experts urge applicators to take measurements at the field location and make decisions from accurate, onsite information. It’s important to measure wind speed at the height of sprayer booms and not rely on readings from the local airport which could be dozens of miles away. The data from remote weather stations do not accurately reflect the conditions at your specific site.
"If you face any litigation, they will go to nearest airport and get wind speed there," [if no other record exists] "Airfields are typically flat, so the wind speeds are higher there and taken at heights much greater than the boom height of your sprayer. It’s not unusual to find that the wind speed 20 inches above your crop canopy is 2 to 3 mph slower than a nearby airport’s reading."
-Dr. Bob Beck, Regional Agronomist at Land O'Lakes
Validation of current conditions meeting label requirements is every applicator’s priority and should be incorporated into all spraying application decisions. With the Kestrel 3550AG, you can easily monitor real-time weather conditions at the field-level.
Easy Record Keeping for Peace of Mind with the Free Kestrel App
As regulations surrounding drift management get tighter and media and public attention continues to increase, the stakes are higher than ever for applicators and farmers when it comes to accountability. It’s imperative to document spray conditions to defend against costly litigation and protect the future of your operation. The Kestrel app makes it easy to do by wirelessly connecting to the 3550 so you're able to view, log, and manage weather data on a mobile device. Now you can document field data right at the time of spray application -- forget pen and paper notes that can get lost or attempting to data log hours after the application when you’re back in the office and likely to forget. With just one click, the Snapshot feature in the app captures and saves an instant record of all live measurements along with a GPS-based timestamp. Conveniently export historical data as valuable documented evidence that you sprayed within acceptable weather conditions.
Pocket sized, rugged, waterproof, affordable, easy-to-use and equipped with on-unit data logging and wireless data retrieval for monitoring and reporting, the Kestrel 3550AG is your trusted weather guide for spraying and farming.
The new 3550AG meter has Bluetooth connectivity to pair with the Kestrel app for the ability to wirelessly view, share, and export weather data from a mobile device. Download the Kestrel app from the app store to take advantage of the all the features available.
- Current Wind Speed
- Maximum Wind Gust
- Average Wind Speed
- Wind Direction
- Delta T
- Temperature Humidity Index (THI)
- Barometric Pressure
- Dew Point
- Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
- Pressure Trend
- Relative Humidity
- Wind Chill
- Heat Stress Index
- Wind Direction
- Simple 3-Button Control
- High Contrast, Sunlight Readable Monochrome LCD Display
- Backlight (Green)
- Temperature Sensor (Patented External Isolated)
- Relative Humidity Sensor
- CR2032 Coin Cell Battery (Average Life 300 Hours)
- Data Hold Function
- Drop-Tested to MIL-STD-810G
- Waterproof to IP67 (3'/1M for 30 minutes)
- Kestrel Certificate of Conformity
- Neck Lanyard
- Patented Impeller and Sensor Technology
- Slip-On Protective Cover
- Time of Day
- Field Humidity Calibration/Correction Routine
- User-Replaceable Batteries
- User-Replaceable Impeller
- Waterproof & Floats
- Designed and built in the USA
Kestrel 3550AG Specifications and Dimensions
- Dimensions: 4.8 x 1.7 x 0.7 in. / 122 x 42 x 18 mm
- Weight: 2.3 Ounces / 65 Grams
- Kestrel 3550AG Certificate of Conformity (PDF)
- Kestrel 3550AG Sensor Specifications (PDF)
- Kestrel 3550AG Manual (PDF)
- MFG Part# 0835AGLCHVG, Model# 3550AG
What's in the box?
- Kestrel 3550AG Agriculture Meter
- Neck Lanyard
- CR2032 Coin Cell Battery (average life 300 hours)
- Kestrel Certificate of Conformity with sensor specifications
- 5 Year Warranty Manufacturers Warranty
Free Shipping with tracking in the USA: ETA 2-3 Business Days. Additional UPS and USPS shipping services / rates are available for preview after placing your item(s) in the cart.
We ship worldwide with few exceptions. International shipping services and rates are available for preview after placing your item(s) in the cart. Please be prepared for any customs fees / taxes your country may charge you.
- Shipment tracking (all destinations): You will receive a shipping notice with tracking after your order ships.
Shipping, Returns & Sales Tax
We are only required to collect sales tax on orders shipping to Pennsylvania.
When will my order ship?
- Orders received by 5:00 PM ET typically ship out the same day they are ordered. USA customers can view the estimated delivery date and rates on the product page.
Free 1-4 day ETA shipping (offer valid within the USA) on all orders.
Free Expedited Shipping
- Free 1-3 Day ETA Expedited shipping on all orders with a value of $200.00 or greater (offer valid within the USA). We typically use UPS for this option so if you have a PO box, USPS times can vary.
Other Shipping Services
- We offer discounted expedited shipping such as Next Day Air, 2nd Day Air and more. All shipping services and rates are available on the product page or in the cart.
Global (worldwide) Shipping
- We ship worldwide with few exceptions. You can view our discounted shipping rates and services on the product page or in the cart.
- All International shipments are insured.
Standard delivery estimated time in transit
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
We stand behind every product we sell. If you are not satisfied with your purchase or have a problem with your item, just send us an email within 40 days of purchase and we will email you a prepaid return label. All you will need are your ExtremeMeters.com order number and we will email the return label within 24 hours to the email address used when placing the order.
ExtremeMeters.com guarantee doesn’t cover ordinary wear and tear or damage caused by improper use or accidents.
If your item has a manufacturing defect in its materials or workmanship (extremely rare), you can return it to us at any time. If sent within 45 days, we will replace or refund. If after 45 days and up to 5 years, it will become a warranty issue.
Once the item(s) are returned to us, it usually takes 24 hours to process refunds.
We do not ship on the following holidays observed in the USA.
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
FREE USA Returns: We accept returns up to 45 days of purchase. Returns must be in brand new, unused condition. We will send our US customers a pre-paid return label which you can print out and attach to your box. International Returns: International customers are responsible for return costs. Click here to submit a return request. You will need your ExtremeMeters.com order number and the email used when placing your order. Important: Please use capital letters when entering your order number. You must enter your information within 40 days from time of order.