Kestrel 3550AG Bluetooth Weather Meter for Spray Applications
Spray drift can be hazardous to nearby plants and can also cause harm to livestock, people and wildlife.
With the Kestrel 3550AG, you can keep your crop spraying on-target. With it's Bluetooth connectivity, the Kestrel 3550AG will allow you to log data using a smartphone and the Kestrel app with just a simple click.
No matter the size of your operation -- effective herbicide and pesticide application is critical to your success. Prevent drift, eliminate waste, ensure safety and effectiveness – it all starts with monitoring your conditions.
Field-Level Environmental Monitoring for Reliable Decision-Making
It is critical to measure relative humidity, wind speed and wind direction at field-level to minimize waste and maximize safety when spraying. The on-site weather at time of application has a significant impact on the risk of drift. Best management practices include checking weather at the site of application to ensure safe and effective spraying. With a built-in digital compass, the 3550AG measures all relevant environmental conditions for spraying including wind direction.
Experts urge applicators to take measurements at the field location and make decisions from accurate, onsite information. It’s important to measure wind speed at the height of sprayer booms and not rely on readings from the local airport which could be dozens of miles away. The data from remote weather stations do not accurately reflect the conditions at your specific site.
"If you face any litigation, they will go to nearest airport and get wind speed there," [if no other record exists] "Airfields are typically flat, so the wind speeds are higher there and taken at heights much greater than the boom height of your sprayer. It’s not unusual to find that the wind speed 20 inches above your crop canopy is 2 to 3 mph slower than a nearby airport’s reading."
-Dr. Bob Beck, Regional Agronomist at Land O'Lakes
Validation of current conditions meeting label requirements is every applicator’s priority and should be incorporated into all spraying application decisions. With the Kestrel 3550AG, you can easily monitor real-time weather conditions at the field-level.
Easy Record Keeping for Peace of Mind with the Free Kestrel App
As regulations surrounding drift management get tighter and media and public attention continues to increase, the stakes are higher than ever for applicators and farmers when it comes to accountability. It’s imperative to document spray conditions to defend against costly litigation and protect the future of your operation. The Kestrel app makes it easy to do by wirelessly connecting to the 3550 so you're able to view, log, and manage weather data on a mobile device. Now you can document field data right at the time of spray application -- forget pen and paper notes that can get lost or attempting to data log hours after the application when you’re back in the office and likely to forget. With just one click, the Snapshot feature in the app captures and saves an instant record of all live measurements along with a GPS-based timestamp. Conveniently export historical data as valuable documented evidence that you sprayed within acceptable weather conditions.
Pocket sized, rugged, waterproof, affordable, easy-to-use and equipped with on-unit data logging and wireless data retrieval for monitoring and reporting, the Kestrel 3550AG is your trusted weather guide for spraying and farming.
The new 3550AG meter has Bluetooth connectivity to pair with the Kestrel app for the ability to wirelessly view, share, and export weather data from a mobile device. Download the Kestrel app from the app store to take advantage of the all the features available.
Engraving Note: Please make sure that everything is spelled correctly, as
- Current Wind Speed
- Maximum Wind Gust
- Average Wind Speed
- Wind Direction
- Delta T
- Temperature Humidity Index (THI)
- Barometric Pressure
- Dew Point
- Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
- Pressure Trend
- Relative Humidity
- Wind Chill
- Heat Stress Index
- Wind Direction
- Simple 3-Button Control
- High Contrast, Sunlight Readable Monochrome LCD Display
- Backlight (Green)
- Temperature Sensor (Patented External Isolated)
- Relative Humidity Sensor
- CR2032 Coin Cell Battery (Average Life 300 Hours)
- Data Hold Function
- Drop-Tested to MIL-STD-810G
- Waterproof to IP67 (3'/1M for 30 minutes)
- Kestrel Certificate of Conformity
- Neck Lanyard
- Patented Impeller and Sensor Technology
- Slip-On Protective Cover
- Time of Day
- Field Humidity Calibration/Correction Routine
- User-Replaceable Batteries
- User-Replaceable Impeller
- Waterproof & Floats
- Designed and built in the USA
Kestrel 3550AG Specifications and Dimensions
- Dimensions: 4.8 x 1.7 x 0.7 in. / 122 x 42 x 18 mm
- Weight: 2.3 Ounces / 65 Grams
- Kestrel 3550AG Certificate of Conformity (PDF)
- Kestrel 3550AG Sensor Specifications (PDF)
- Kestrel 3550AG Manual (PDF)
- MFG Part# 0835AGLCHVG, Model# 3550AG
What's in the box?
- Kestrel 3550AG Agriculture Meter
- Neck Lanyard
- CR2032 Coin Cell Battery (average life 300 hours)
- Kestrel Certificate of Conformity with sensor specifications
- 5 Year Warranty Manufacturers Warranty
Free Shipping with tracking in the USA: ETA 2-3 Business Days. Additional UPS and USPS shipping services / rates are available for preview after placing your item(s) in the cart.
We ship worldwide with few exceptions. International shipping services and rates are available for preview after placing your item(s) in the cart. Please be prepared for any customs fees / taxes your country may charge you.
- Shipment tracking (all destinations): You will receive a shipping notice with tracking after your order ships.
Kestrel 1,2,3 Manuals
- Kestrel 1000 Instruction Manual I Download PDF
- Kestrel 2000 Instruction Manual I Download PDF
- Kestrel 2500 Instruction Manual I Download PDF
- Kestrel 3000 Instruction Manual I Download PDF
- Kestrel 3500 Instruction Manual I Download PDF
- Kestrel 3500 Instruction Manual | Download PDF
- Kestrel 3550FW Instruction Manual | Download PDF
- Kestrel 3550AG Instruction Manual | Download PDF
- Kestrel 3500DT Instruction Manual I Download PDF
- Kestrel 123 Series Certificate of Conformity & Sensor Specifications I Download PDF
Kestrel 5 Series Manuals
- Kestrel 5000 Environmental Meter Quick Start Guide Download PDF
- Kestrel 5100 Racing Weather Meter Quick Start Guide / Manual Download PDF
- Kestrel 5200 Professional Environmental Meter Quick Start Guide Download PDF
- Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress Quick Start Guide | Download PDF
- Kestrel 5500 Quick Start Guide / Manual | Download PDF
- Kestrel 5000AG & 5400AG Agriculture and Livestock Meters User Guide | Download PDF
- Kestrel 5400FW & 5500FW Fire Weather Meters | Download PDF
- Kestrel Fire Weather FDFM, PIG Insert | Download PDF
- Kestrel 5 Series Certificate of Conformity & Sensor Specifications Download PDF
- How to UPDATE your Kestrel 5 Series Meter using Windows | Download PDF
- Latest 5 Series Firmware Updates I Download PDF
Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress Meter Inserts
- WBGT Reference Guidelines | Download PDF
- ACGIH WBGT Guidelines | Download PDF
- ACSM Acclimatized & Nonacclimatized WBGT Guidelines | Download PDF
- NATA WBGT Guidelines | Download PDF
- TB Med 507 WBGT Guidelines | Download PDF
- Georgia State High School WBGT Guidelines | Download PDF
- North Carolina State High School WBGT Guidelines | Download PDF
- Vermont State High School Guidelines | Download PDF
Kestrel DROP Bluetooth Dataloggers
- Getting Started with my Kestrel DROP | Download PDF
- Kestrel DROP FAQ's
- Kestrel DROP Certificate of Conformity & Sensor Specifications I Download PDF
Windows, Mac, iOS & Android Apps for Kestrel 5 Series Meters and Kestrel DROP's
Kestrel LiNK for Windows & Mac (Kestrel Series 5 Meters)
Simple communication to Windows and Mac computers is provided through the optional LiNK .USB Dongle or USB Data Transfer Cable. Download your data to view, analyze and archive. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters.
Kestrel LiNK for iOS & Android (Works with Series 5 Meters and Kestrel DROP's
Wirelessly connect with iOS and Android devices. When in range, view real-time measurements, receive on-screen alerts and download your data. Logged data can be viewed, analyzed, archived and shared via e-mail, Facebook and Twitter. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters. NOTE: Range up to 100’ line of sight – reduced by walls and obstructions.
Blue Ocean Megaphone Manual
- Blue Ocean Megaphone Instructions: Download PDF
Frequently asked questions
FAQ's (Click Here)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.