The Kestrel 3000 will give you Accurate Heat Stress measurements, on-site and real-time
Get the power of real-time, on-site environmental conditions monitoring with the Kestrel 3000 Heat Stress Meter.
The Preferred tool of the Wildland Firefighter. The Kestrel 3000 & 3000HS are the go-to tools for monitoring field conditions. You know you’re working hard. Make sure you’re staying safe. This multi-job tool isn't just for firefighters but is used by college and pro athletic trainers where heat stress is an important concern. Like all of our Kestrel Instruments, they are made in the USA, extremely durable and backed by a full 5 year factory warranty. All Kestrel Instruments are waterproof, drop-proof and they float.
- Highly recommended equipment for wildland firefighters whose lives literally depend on the accurate weather data their Kestrel 3000 provides.
- Real-time environmental monitoring keeps you from working past your limits.
- From the accurate relative humidity readings, the Kestrel 3000 also calculates dewpoint and heat stress index — important information to know when working or playing outdoors in hot and humid conditions.
- Used by NFL trainers to determine how frequently the athletes need to hydrate, and when the conditions are unhealthy for strenuous exercise.
- Calculates wind chill. A useful measurement for monitoring athletic teams or workers in cold environments.
- Current Wind Speed
- Maximum Wind Gust
- Average Wind Speed
- Dew Point
- Heat Stress Index
- Relative Humidity
- Wind Chill
- Simple 3-Button Control
- High Contrast, Sunlight Readable Monochrome LCD Display
- Backlight (Blue white)
- Temperature Sensor (Patented External Isolated)
- CR2032 Coin Cell Battery (Average Life 300 Hours)
- Data Hold Function
- Drop-Tested to MIL-STD-810G
- Waterproof to IP67 (3'/1M for 30 minutes)
- Kestrel Certificate of Conformity
- Neck Lanyard
- Patented Impeller and Sensor Technology
- Slip-On Protective Cover
- Time of Day
- User-Replaceable Batteries
- User-Replaceable Impeller
- Waterproof & Floats
- Designed and built in the USA
- Copy of Kestrel Heat Index Reference Guide (Orange 3000HS Only)
Kestrel 3000 Specifications and Dimensions
- Dimensions: 4.8 x 1.7 x 0.7 in. / 122 x 42 x 18 mm
- Weight: 2.3 Ounces / 65 Grams
- Kestrel 3000 Certificate of Conformity (PDF)
- Kestrel 3000 Sensor Specifications (PDF)
- Kestrel 3000 Manual (PDF)
- MFG Part# 0830, Model# 3000
What's in the box?
- Kestrel 3000 Meter
- Neck Lanyard
- CR2032 Coin Cell Battery (average life 300 hours)
- Certificate of Conformity with Sensor Specifications
- 5 Year Warranty Manufacturers Warranty
Free Shipping with tracking in the USA: ETA 2-3 Business Days. Additional UPS and USPS shipping services / rates are available for preview after placing your item(s) in the cart.
We ship worldwide with few exceptions. International shipping services and rates are available for preview after placing your item(s) in the cart. Please be prepared for any customs fees / taxes your country may charge you.
- Shipment tracking (all destinations): You will receive a shipping notice with tracking after your order ships.
Resources (Manuals & Downloads)
Kestrel 1,2,3 Manuals
- Kestrel 1000 Instruction Manual I Download PDF
- Kestrel 2000 Instruction Manual I Download PDF
- Kestrel 2500 Instruction Manual I Download PDF
- Kestrel 3000 Instruction Manual I Download PDF
- Kestrel 3500 Instruction Manual I Download PDF
- Kestrel 3500 Instruction Manual | Download PDF
- Kestrel 3550FW Instruction Manual | Download PDF
- Kestrel 3550AG Instruction Manual | Download PDF
- Kestrel 3500DT Instruction Manual I Download PDF
- Kestrel 123 Series Certificate of Conformity & Sensor Specifications I Download PDF
Kestrel 5 Series Manuals
- Kestrel 5000 Environmental Meter Quick Start Guide Download PDF
- Kestrel 5100 Racing Weather Meter Quick Start Guide / Manual Download PDF
- Kestrel 5200 Professional Environmental Meter Quick Start Guide Download PDF
- Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress Quick Start Guide | Download PDF
- Kestrel 5500 Quick Start Guide / Manual | Download PDF
- Kestrel 5000AG & 5400AG Agriculture and Livestock Meters User Guide | Download PDF
- Kestrel 5400FW & 5500FW Fire Weather Meters | Download PDF
- Kestrel Fire Weather FDFM, PIG Insert | Download PDF
- Kestrel 5 Series Certificate of Conformity & Sensor Specifications Download PDF
- How to UPDATE your Kestrel 5 Series Meter using Windows | Download PDF
- Latest 5 Series Firmware Updates I Download PDF
Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress Meter Inserts
- WBGT Reference Guidelines | Download PDF
- ACGIH WBGT Guidelines | Download PDF
- ACSM Acclimatized & Nonacclimatized WBGT Guidelines | Download PDF
- NATA WBGT Guidelines | Download PDF
- TB Med 507 WBGT Guidelines | Download PDF
- Georgia State High School WBGT Guidelines | Download PDF
- North Carolina State High School WBGT Guidelines | Download PDF
- Vermont State High School Guidelines | Download PDF
Kestrel DROP Bluetooth Dataloggers
- Getting Started with my Kestrel DROP | Download PDF
- Kestrel DROP FAQ's
- Kestrel DROP Certificate of Conformity & Sensor Specifications I Download PDF
Windows, Mac, iOS & Android Apps for Kestrel 5 Series Meters and Kestrel DROP's
Kestrel LiNK for Windows & Mac (Kestrel Series 5 Meters)
Simple communication to Windows and Mac computers is provided through the optional LiNK .USB Dongle or USB Data Transfer Cable. Download your data to view, analyze and archive. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters.
Kestrel LiNK for iOS & Android (Works with Series 5 Meters and Kestrel DROP's
Wirelessly connect with iOS and Android devices. When in range, view real-time measurements, receive on-screen alerts and download your data. Logged data can be viewed, analyzed, archived and shared via e-mail, Facebook and Twitter. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters. NOTE: Range up to 100’ line of sight – reduced by walls and obstructions.
Blue Ocean Megaphone Manual
- Blue Ocean Megaphone Instructions: Download PDF
Frequently asked questions
FAQ's (Click Here)
Payment & Security
Estimate shipping (Free in the USA)
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Does the Kestrel 3000 only come in red?
The Kestrel 3000 (0830) comes in red and orange. The orange is model number 3000HS (0835ORA). The 3000HS which can be selected above also comes with a copy of Kestrel Heat Index Reference Guide.
What is the maximum wind speed that this meter can measure?
Hi, The maximum operational wind speed for Kestrel Basic Meters is 134.2 mph. Wind speed is guaranteed to be within specification up to 89.5 mph.