The Kestrel 3000 weather meter will give you accurate Wind Speed, Temperature, Relative Humidity, Wind Chill and Heat Stress Index measurements, on-site and real-time
The Preferred tool of the Wildland Firefighter. The Kestrel 3000 & 3000HS are the go-to tools for monitoring field conditions. You know you’re working hard. Make sure you’re staying safe. This multi-job tool isn't just for firefighters but is used by college and pro athletic trainers where heat stress is an important concern. Like all of our Kestrel Instruments, they are made in the USA, extremely durable and backed by a full 5 year factory warranty. All Kestrel Instruments are waterproof, drop-proof and they float.
- Current Wind Speed
- Maximum Wind Gust
- Average Wind Speed
- Dew Point
- Heat Stress Index
- Relative Humidity
- Wind Chill
- Highly recommended equipment for wildland firefighters whose lives literally depend on the accurate weather data their Kestrel 3000 provides.
- Real-time environmental monitoring keeps you from working past your limits.
- From the accurate relative humidity readings, the Kestrel 3000 also calculates dewpoint and heat stress index — important information to know when working or playing outdoors in hot and humid conditions.
- Used by NFL trainers to determine how frequently the athletes need to hydrate, and when the conditions are unhealthy for strenuous exercise.
- Calculates wind chill. A useful measurement for monitoring athletic teams or workers in cold environments.
- Simple 3-Button Control
- High Contrast, Sunlight Readable Monochrome LCD Display
- Backlight (Blue white)
- Temperature Sensor (Patented External Isolated)
- CR2032 Coin Cell Battery (Average Life 300 Hours)
- Data Hold Function
- Drop-Tested to MIL-STD-810G
- Waterproof to IP67 (3'/1M for 30 minutes)
- Kestrel Certificate of Conformity
- Neck Lanyard
- Patented Impeller and Sensor Technology
- Slip-On Protective Cover
- Time of Day
- User-Replaceable Batteries
- User-Replaceable Impeller
- Waterproof & Floats
- Designed and built in the USA
- Copy of Kestrel Heat Index Reference Guide (Orange 3000HS Only)
- Dimensions: 4.8 x 1.7 x 0.7 in. / 122 x 42 x 18 mm
- Weight: 2.3 Ounces / 65 Grams
- MFG Part# 0830, Model# 3000
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- We collect sales tax on orders shipping to Pennsylvania only.
When will my order ship?
- Please note the "Want it shipped" date on each product listing page. If the date has moved on to the next business day and you need your order to ship today, just use our contact form to let us know what model number you plan on purchasing, the quantity and the general shipping location (state, country, etc.). Nothing is set in stone. We may be able to help.
Free 1-4 business days ETA shipping (offer valid within the USA) on all orders.
Free Expedited (2 Day Shipping)
- Free 2 business days expedited shipping on all orders with a value of $250.00 or greater (offer valid within the continental USA). We typically use UPS for this option so if you have a PO box, USPS times can vary. Shipping times during the Covid pandemic are not guaranteed.
Other Shipping Services
- We offer discounted expedited shipping such as Next Day Air, 2nd Day Air and more. All shipping services and rates are displayed in your cart. To get a shipping rate and time in transit, just add a product to the cart.
Global (worldwide) Shipping
- We ship worldwide with few exceptions. You can view our discounted shipping rates and services by placing your items in the cart.
- All International shipments are insured.
Standard delivery estimated time in transit
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
We stand behind every product we sell. If you are not satisfied with your purchase or have a problem with your item, just send us an email within 40 days of purchase and we will email you a prepaid return label. All you will need are your ExtremeMeters.com order number and we will email the return label within 24 hours to the email address used when placing the order.
ExtremeMeters.com guarantee doesn’t cover ordinary wear and tear or damage caused by improper use or accidents.
If your item has a manufacturing defect in its materials or workmanship (extremely rare), you can return it to us at any time. If sent within 45 days, we will replace or refund. If after 45 days and up to 5 years, it will become a warranty issue.
Once the item(s) are returned to us, it usually takes 24 hours to process refunds.
We do not ship on the following holidays observed in the USA.
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
FREE USA Returns: We accept returns up to 45 days of purchase. Returns must be in brand new, unused condition. We will send our US customers a pre-paid return label which you can print out and attach to your box. International Returns: International customers are responsible for return costs. Click here to submit a return request. You will need your ExtremeMeters.com order number and the email used when placing your order. Important: Please use capital letters when entering your order number. You must enter your information within 40 days from time of order.