Measure weather conditions quickly and easily with the trusted tool of firefighters, now with wet bulb and barometer measurements included.
When fighting wildfires, protecting lives, houses, and property while ensuring safety for everyone involved demands accurate fire behavior predictions based upon good weather observations.
Kestrel weather meters have been relied upon by fire fighters for decades to provide fast, accurate measurement of wind speed, temperature and humidity. The Kestrel 3500 (MPN# # 0835FWORA) Fire Weather Meter has been updated specifically for fire fighting, adding barometric pressure, altitude and wet bulb readings and an easy-to-read Probability of Ignition (PIG) and Fine Dead Fuel Moisture (FDFM) reference card – everything required for a complete weather observation. This one rugged, handheld instrument easily replaces all of the items included in your Belt Weather Kit, providing consistently accurate measurements without prepping a sling psychrometer or risking the possibility of human error.
IP67 waterproof and Mil-SPEC-810G drop tested, Kestrels are built for the abuse that work on a fire line can dish out. The Kestrel 3500 Fire Weather Meter includes a hard, rubberized slip-on cover that protects the display and impeller, even when tossed in your pack. Kestrel Weather & Environmental Meters are designed & manufactured in the U.S.A and are backed by our 5-year warranty. Each Kestrel 3500 is factory calibrated and comes with a certificate of conformity and may be factory or field recalibrated.
- Simple 3-Button Control
- High Contrast, Sunlight Readable Monochrome LCD Display
- Backlight (Blue white)
- Temperature Sensor (Patented External Isolated)
- CR2032 Coin Cell Battery (Average Life 300 Hours)
- Data Hold Function
- Drop-Tested to MIL-STD-810G
- Waterproof to IP67 (3'/1M for 30 minutes)
- Kestrel Certificate of Conformity
- Neck Lanyard
- Patented Impeller and Sensor Technology
- Slip-On Protective Cover
- Time of Day
- User-Replaceable Batteries
- User-Replaceable Impeller
- Waterproof & Floats
- Designed and built in the USA
- Waterproof PIG Reference Card
- Dimensions: 4.8 x 1.7 x 0.7 in. / 122 x 42 x 18 mm
- Weight: 2.3 Ounces / 65 Grams
- MFG Part# 0835FWORA, Model# 3500FW (Orange)