Kestrel DROP D2HS Heat Stress Monitor
Know your temperature and humidity conditions anywhere.
Downloads / Specifications:
5 year manufacturers warranty.
Kestrel DROP D2HS Heat Stress Monitor OverviewKnow your temperature and humidity conditions anywhere with the small, rugged Kestrel DROP D2 Heat Stress Monitor.
The Kestrel DROP D2 data logger can be placed wherever needed to log temperature and humidity with the data logs retrieved wirelessly and automatically to the Kestrel LiNK app when within wireless range(up to 100’ or more line of sight).
- The EASIEST way to monitor and track temperature, humidity, heat index and dew point in almost any environment – wet or dry, indoors or out
- View data wirelessly via Bluetooth Smart on your iOS or Android phone or tablet with the free Kestrel LiNK app
- Store thousands of data points and get months of logging on a single coin-cell battery - customize logging rate, connections and alerts See, save and share data from multiple DROPs with just one phone or tablet -
- iOS 6 installed iPhone 4s, iPad 3rd generation or later
- Android 4.3 and higher. Works with most Android devices with Bluetooth Smart®, including Samsung Galaxy, Nexus 4, Motorola Droid and other recent generation phones and tablets.
Use a DROP Anywhere - Small, Accurate, Rugged and Waterproof
Each DROP measures just 1 x 1.8 x 2.4 inches (24 x 46 mm x 60 mm) and weighs just 1.2 ounces (34 grams). DROP loggers meet military and international standards for water, dust and shock resistance (IP-67 and MIL-STD-810G) and are conveniently equipped with a sturdy d-ring for hanging wherever needed.
Free Kestrel LiNK App:
Download the free Kestrel LiNK to your smartphone. With Kestrel LiNK on your smart phone or tablet, you can view real-time readings from any DROP logger within wireless range (up to 100’ or more line of sight) via Bluetooth Low Energy. Each phone or tablet can connect to up to 8 DROP loggers at the same time and store data logs from many more. Min/Max/Average readings are clearly displayed and the data log is viewable as a scrolling graph with detailed data for each logged point. The Kestrel LiNK app also allows adjustment of the logging interval and other settings as well as real-time threshold alerts. Readings can be updated as frequently as every 2 seconds and logging time and date are automatically updated whenever connected to your smart device. You can also send and share real-time and logged environmental data via email, Facebook or Twitter.
DROP D1-D3 Data Points:
DROP D1: Data Points: 13064
- Logging every 2 seconds - Fills up after 7.5 hours
- Logging every 10 minutes - Fills up after 90.7 days
- Logging every 2 hours - Fills up after 544 days
DROP D2: Data Points: 8165
- Logging every 2 seconds - Fills up after 4.5 hours
- Logging every 10 minutes - Fills up after 56.7 days
- Logging every 2 hours - Fills up after 340 days.
DROP D3: Data Points: 6220
- Logging every 2 seconds: Fills up after 3.4 hours
- Logging every 10 minutes - Fills up after 43.2 days
- Logging every 2 hours - Fills up after 259 days
- The battery life will vary based on usage.
- For baseline conditions and settings*, the battery will last approximately 6 months. *Temp = 75°F, Logging Rate = 10 Minutes, Update Rate = 30 seconds.
- Battery life will be reduced by:
- Colder conditions
- More frequent logging or update rates
- Downloads of large data logs (or firmware updates) are best completed with a fresh battery and in temperatures above 10°C / 50°F.
- iOS 6 installed iPhone 4s, iPad 3rd generation, iPod Touch 5th generation and above.
- Android 4.2 and higher. Works with most Android devices with Bluetooth® low energy, including Samsung Galaxy, Nexus 4, Motorola Droid, and other recent generation phones and tablets.
Model & SKUs:
- Kestrel DROP D2 - Part # 0720ORA
- Bluetooth Smart (Wireless Technology)
- Data Logger
- Drop-Tested, MIL-STD-810G
- IP67 Waterproof
- Lightweight & Durable
Who's Using the Kestrel DROP D2HS Heat Stress Monitor?
- Education & Classroom Use
- Facilities Management
- Farming & Agriculture
- Hazardous Materials Response
- Individual At-Home Use
- Outdoor Event Organizers
- Precision & Competitive Shooting
- Research & Technology
American-Made Quality and a Five-Year Warranty
Every Kestrel environmental instrument is designed and built entirely in the USA. Kestrel’s history and focus on quality and ruggedness is reflected in the DROP’s industry-leading five-year warranty. Kestrel has been building rugged environmental instruments that help people do their jobs more safely and efficiently for more than fifteen years and has built a reputation for reliability one meter at a time.