A Kestrel DROP is the world’s easiest-to-use rugged environmental data logger.
Monitor and record the conditions of any environment and easily access and chart real-time and historical data on your phone or tablet. A Kestrel DROP D3 logger can be placed wherever needed to log temperature, humidity and pressure with the data logs retrieved wirelessly and automatically to the Kestrel Connect app when within range(up to 100ft.). Kestrel DROP data loggers are designed to be used anywhere you need to track environmental conditions. DROP loggers meet military and international standards for water, dust and shock resistance (IP-67-30 minute submersion at 1m and MIL-STD-810G drop tested) and are equipped with a sturdy D-ring for hanging wherever needed.
Measures & Records:
- Relative Humidity
- Station Pressure
- Density Altitude
- Pressure Trend
- Heat Stress
- Dew Point
All you need is a DROP and a Smartphone with the free Kestrel LiNK app!
Kestrel LiNK is the free app that powers the DROP loggers. With Kestrel Connect, you can view real-time readings from any DROP logger within wireless range (100’ or more line of sight) via Bluetooth® low energy Each phone or tablet can connect to up to 8 DROP loggers at the same time and store data logs from many more. Min/Max/Average readings are clearly displayed and the log is viewable as a scrolling graph with detailed data for each logged point. The app also allows adjustment of the logging interval and other settings as well as real-time threshold alerts. Readings can be updated as frequently as every 2 seconds and logging time and date are automatically updated whenever connected to your smart device. Send and share real-time and logged environmental data via email, Facebook or Twitter.
DROP D1-D3 Data Points
DROP D1: Data Points: 13064
- Logging every 2 seconds - Fills up after 7.5 hours
- Logging every 10 minutes - Fills up after 90.7 days
- Logging every 2 hours - Fills up after 544 days
DROP D2: Data Points: 8165
- Logging every 2 seconds - Fills up after 4.5 hours
- Logging every 10 minutes - Fills up after 56.7 days
- Logging every 2 hours - Fills up after 340 days.
DROP D3: Data Points: 6220
- Logging every 2 seconds: Fills up after 3.4 hours
- Logging every 10 minutes - Fills up after 43.2 days
- Logging every 2 hours - Fills up after 259 days
- The battery life will vary based on usage.
- For baseline conditions and settings*, the battery will last approximately 6 months. *Temp = 75°F, Logging Rate = 10 Minutes, Update Rate = 30 seconds.
- Battery life will be reduced by:
- Colder conditions
- More frequent logging or update rates
- Downloads of large data logs (or firmware updates) are best completed with a fresh battery and in temperatures above 10°C / 50°F.
- iOS 6 installed iPhone 4s, iPad 3rd generation, iPod Touch 5th generation and above.
- Android 4.2 and higher. Works with most Android devices with Bluetooth® low energy, including Samsung Galaxy, Nexus 4, Motorola Droid, and other recent generation phones and tablets.
Resources (Manuals & Downloads)
Kestrel 1,2,3 Manuals
- Kestrel 1000 Instruction Manual I Download PDF
- Kestrel 2000 Instruction Manual I Download PDF
- Kestrel 2500 Instruction Manual I Download PDF
- Kestrel 3000 Instruction Manual I Download PDF
- Kestrel 3500 Instruction Manual I Download PDF
- Kestrel 3500 Instruction Manual | Download PDF
- Kestrel 3550FW Instruction Manual | Download PDF
- Kestrel 3550AG Instruction Manual | Download PDF
- Kestrel 3500DT Instruction Manual I Download PDF
- Kestrel 123 Series Certificate of Conformity & Sensor Specifications I Download PDF
Kestrel 5 Series Manuals
- Kestrel 5000 Environmental Meter Quick Start Guide Download PDF
- Kestrel 5100 Racing Weather Meter Quick Start Guide / Manual Download PDF
- Kestrel 5200 Professional Environmental Meter Quick Start Guide Download PDF
- Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress Quick Start Guide | Download PDF
- Kestrel 5500 Quick Start Guide / Manual | Download PDF
- Kestrel 5000AG & 5400AG Agriculture and Livestock Meters User Guide | Download PDF
- Kestrel 5400FW & 5500FW Fire Weather Meters | Download PDF
- Kestrel Fire Weather FDFM, PIG Insert | Download PDF
- Kestrel 5 Series Certificate of Conformity & Sensor Specifications Download PDF
- How to UPDATE your Kestrel 5 Series Meter using Windows | Download PDF
- Latest 5 Series Firmware Updates I Download PDF
Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress Meter Inserts
- WBGT Reference Guidelines | Download PDF
- ACGIH WBGT Guidelines | Download PDF
- ACSM Acclimatized & Nonacclimatized WBGT Guidelines | Download PDF
- NATA WBGT Guidelines | Download PDF
- TB Med 507 WBGT Guidelines | Download PDF
- Georgia State High School WBGT Guidelines | Download PDF
- North Carolina State High School WBGT Guidelines | Download PDF
- Vermont State High School Guidelines | Download PDF
Kestrel DROP Bluetooth Dataloggers
- Getting Started with my Kestrel DROP | Download PDF
- Kestrel DROP FAQ's
- Kestrel DROP Certificate of Conformity & Sensor Specifications I Download PDF
Windows, Mac, iOS & Android Apps for Kestrel 5 Series Meters and Kestrel DROP's
Kestrel LiNK for Windows & Mac (Kestrel Series 5 Meters)
Simple communication to Windows and Mac computers is provided through the optional LiNK .USB Dongle or USB Data Transfer Cable. Download your data to view, analyze and archive. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters.
Kestrel LiNK for iOS & Android (Works with Series 5 Meters and Kestrel DROP's
Wirelessly connect with iOS and Android devices. When in range, view real-time measurements, receive on-screen alerts and download your data. Logged data can be viewed, analyzed, archived and shared via e-mail, Facebook and Twitter. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters. NOTE: Range up to 100’ line of sight – reduced by walls and obstructions.
Blue Ocean Megaphone Manual
- Blue Ocean Megaphone Instructions: Download PDF
Frequently asked questions
FAQ's (Click Here)
Payment & Security
Estimate shipping (Free in the USA)
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How many kestrel drops can I connect to one iOS device? I.E. I have four rooms I want to monitor, can I have a separate drop for each room? Will they interfere with each other?
A single phone or tablet can connect to up to 8 DROP loggers concurrently and store data logs from many more.
Is it possible to get the log data into a file to use in a spreadsheet?
Hi, Yes the DROPS will log data. Once the data is wirelessly transmitted to a smartphone using the Kestrel LiNK app, with just a click of a button, you can create a CSV file and email it to yourself or a coworker. This file can be opened by spreadsheet programs.