A Kestrel DROP is the world’s easiest-to-use rugged environmental data logger.
Monitor and record the conditions of any environment and easily access and chart real-time and historical data on your phone or tablet. A Kestrel DROP D3 logger can be placed wherever needed to log temperature, humidity and pressure with the data logs retrieved wirelessly and automatically to the Kestrel Connect app when within range(up to 100ft.). Kestrel DROP data loggers are designed to be used anywhere you need to track environmental conditions. DROP loggers meet military and international standards for water, dust and shock resistance (IP-67-30 minute submersion at 1m and MIL-STD-810G drop tested) and are equipped with a sturdy D-ring for hanging wherever needed.
Measures & Records:
- Relative Humidity
- Station Pressure
- Density Altitude
- Pressure Trend
- Heat Stress
- Dew Point
All you need is a DROP and a Smartphone with the free Kestrel LiNK app!
Kestrel LiNK is the free app that powers the DROP loggers. With Kestrel Connect, you can view real-time readings from any DROP logger within wireless range (100’ or more line of sight) via Bluetooth® low energy Each phone or tablet can connect to up to 8 DROP loggers at the same time and store data logs from many more. Min/Max/Average readings are clearly displayed and the log is viewable as a scrolling graph with detailed data for each logged point. The app also allows adjustment of the logging interval and other settings as well as real-time threshold alerts. Readings can be updated as frequently as every 2 seconds and logging time and date are automatically updated whenever connected to your smart device. Send and share real-time and logged environmental data via email, Facebook or Twitter.
DROP D1-D3 Data Points
DROP D1: Data Points: 13064
- Logging every 2 seconds - Fills up after 7.5 hours
- Logging every 10 minutes - Fills up after 90.7 days
- Logging every 2 hours - Fills up after 544 days
DROP D2: Data Points: 8165
- Logging every 2 seconds - Fills up after 4.5 hours
- Logging every 10 minutes - Fills up after 56.7 days
- Logging every 2 hours - Fills up after 340 days.
DROP D3: Data Points: 6220
- Logging every 2 seconds: Fills up after 3.4 hours
- Logging every 10 minutes - Fills up after 43.2 days
- Logging every 2 hours - Fills up after 259 days
- The battery life will vary based on usage.
- For baseline conditions and settings*, the battery will last approximately 6 months. *Temp = 75°F, Logging Rate = 10 Minutes, Update Rate = 30 seconds.
- Battery life will be reduced by:
- Colder conditions
- More frequent logging or update rates
- Downloads of large data logs (or firmware updates) are best completed with a fresh battery and in temperatures above 10°C / 50°F.
- iOS 6 installed iPhone 4s, iPad 3rd generation, iPod Touch 5th generation and above.
- Android 4.2 and higher. Works with most Android devices with Bluetooth® low energy, including Samsung Galaxy, Nexus 4, Motorola Droid, and other recent generation phones and tablets.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Extended Holiday Return Policy In Effect
- For the 2021 holiday season, returnable items purchased between October 1 and December 31 can be returned until January 31, 2022
- We collect sales tax on orders shipping to Pennsylvania only.
When will my order ship?
- Please note the "Want it shipped" date on each product listing page. If the date has moved on to the next business day and you need your order to ship today, just use our contact form to let us know what model number you plan on purchasing, the quantity and the general shipping location (state, country, etc.). Nothing is set in stone. We may be able to help.
Free 1-4 business days ETA shipping (offer valid within the USA) on all orders.
Free Expedited (2 Day Shipping)
- Free 2 business days expedited shipping on all orders with a value of $250.00 or greater (offer valid within the continental USA). We typically use UPS for this option so if you have a PO box, USPS times can vary. Shipping times during the Covid pandemic are not guaranteed.
Other Shipping Services
- We offer discounted expedited shipping such as Next Day Air, 2nd Day Air and more. All shipping services and rates are displayed in your cart. To get a shipping rate and time in transit, just add a product to the cart.
Global (worldwide) Shipping
- We ship worldwide with few exceptions. You can view our discounted shipping rates and services by placing your items in the cart.
- All International shipments are insured.
Standard delivery estimated time in transit
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
We stand behind every product we sell. If you are not satisfied with your purchase or have a problem with your item, just send us an email within 40 days of purchase and we will email you a prepaid return label. All you will need are your ExtremeMeters.com order number and we will email the return label within 24 hours to the email address used when placing the order.
ExtremeMeters.com guarantee doesn’t cover ordinary wear and tear or damage caused by improper use or accidents.
If your item has a manufacturing defect in its materials or workmanship (extremely rare), you can return it to us at any time. If sent within 45 days, we will replace or refund. If after 45 days and up to 5 years, it will become a warranty issue.
Once the item(s) are returned to us, it usually takes 24 hours to process refunds.
We do not ship on the following holidays observed in the USA.
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
FREE USA Returns: We accept returns up to 45 days of purchase. Returns must be in brand new, unused condition. We will send our US customers a pre-paid return label which you can print out and attach to your box. International Returns: International customers are responsible for return costs. Click here to submit a return request. You will need your ExtremeMeters.com order number and the email used when placing your order. Important: Please use capital letters when entering your order number. You must enter your information within 40 days from time of order.