Kestrel 3500 Weather Meter
Split second decisions in the field leave no time for guesswork
Quickly changing weather conditions require constant, immediate updates. Measure wind speed, temperature, relative humidity, dew point and wet bulb temperature with the Kestrel 3500.
While the weather can dictate the comfort level of individuals working or playing outside, it plays an even bigger part in many professionals’ jobs. Irrigation professionals use the Kestrel 3500 to ensure they are irrigating efficiently and the water they are dispersing is actually hitting their intended target, and not evaporating or blowing away. On construction sites Kestrel users are preventing plastic shrinkage cracks and curing concrete more effectively with their Kestrel 3500.
Kestrel 3500 in Olive Drab with NV has a night-vision preserving backlight which helps users to sustain natural night vision. The NV's backlight incorporates an optical filter to reduce overall brightness and minimize blue and green spectrum light to preserve night vision. Additionally, NV backlights are also much dimmer than a standard backlight, making it more difficult to detect with the naked eye in night operations. This backlight appears soft greyish pink, not red, and is still in the visible spectrum, so is not compatible with night-vision equipment.
It takes 30 to 45 minutes for the average eye to adapt to darkness and maximize night vision. Even a short burst of white, yellow, green or blue light “bleaches out” the rod cell photoreceptors in the eye and causes night blindness until the entire adaptation process can take place again. Light in the red spectrum does not cause this “bleaching out”, preventing night blindness and night vision fatigue.
- Current Wind Speed
- Maximum Wind Gust
- Average Wind Speed
Altitude (Pressure Based)
- Barometric Pressure
- Dew Point
- Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
- Pressure Trend
- Heat Stress Index
- Relative Humidity
- Wind Chill
- Simple 3-Button Control
- High Contrast, Sunlight Readable Monochrome LCD Display
- Backlight (Blue white)
- Temperature Sensor (Patented External Isolated)
- CR2032 Coin Cell Battery (Average Life 300 Hours)
- Data Hold Function
- Drop-Tested to MIL-STD-810G
- Waterproof to IP67 (3'/1M for 30 minutes)
- Kestrel Certificate of Conformity
- Neck Lanyard
- Patented Impeller and Sensor Technology
- Slip-On Protective Cover
- Time of Day
- User-Replaceable Batteries
- User-Replaceable Impeller
- Waterproof & Floats
- Designed and built in the USA
Kestrel 3500 Specifications and Dimensions
- Dimensions: 4.8 x 1.7 x 0.7 in. / 122 x 42 x 18 mm
- Weight: 2.3 Ounces / 65 Grams
- Kestrel 3500 Certificate of Conformity (PDF)
- Kestrel 3500 Sensor Specifications (PDF)
- Kestrel 3500 Manual (PDF)
- MFG Part# 0835, Model# 3500 (Yellow)
- MFG Part# 0835NV, Model# 3500NV (Olive Drab)
What's in the box?
- Kestrel 3500 Meter
- Neck Lanyard
- CR2032 Coin Cell Battery (average life 300 hours)
- Certificate of Conformity with Sensor Specifications
- 5 Year Warranty Manufacturers Warranty
Free Shipping with tracking in the USA: ETA 2-3 Business Days. Additional UPS and USPS shipping services / rates are available for preview after placing your item(s) in the cart.
We ship worldwide with few exceptions. International shipping services and rates are available for preview after placing your item(s) in the cart. Please be prepared for any customs fees / taxes your country may charge you.
- Shipment tracking (all destinations): You will receive a shipping notice with tracking after your order ships.