Accurate environmental conditions, not from a distant weather station but from the palm of your hand with the Kestrel 5500 Handheld Pocket Weather Meter!
Wind speed, temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, wind direction and density altitude plus logging capabilities – the indispensable tool for portable environmental monitoring.
As with it's predecessor (Kestrel 4500), the Kestrel 5500 measures every environmental condition plus wind direction, crosswind and headwind/tailwind. Use it golfing, sailing, flying, spraying, shooting and more. Drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand extreme environments, your Kestrel weather meter travels with you anywhere you dare to go.
The Kestrel 5500 has a larger, higher-resolution and contrast built-in dual color backlit display, made from extra-strong polycarbonate lens for improved font readability. Optional LiNK iOS and Android wireless connectivity and app support available. Like all Kestrel meters, the Kestrel 5500 is drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand harsh environments without damage – so it can so it can work or play as hard as you do, wherever you do.
In addition to measuring the current environmental conditions, the Kestrel 5500 tracks and logs over 10,000 sets of time-stamped data. Your data log can be transferred to a iOS/Android device wirelessly with the LiNK wireless communication option and the Kestrel LiNK app, or to a Windows PC or Mac with either the accessory Kestrel LiNK Dongle or waterproof USB Data Transfer Cable (Both sold separately).
The true versatility of the Kestrel 5500 becomes apparent with the addition of the Kestrel Vane Mount. This precision-engineered accessory securely mounts the Kestrel 5500 to any tripod or other ¼-20 fitted bracket. Once mounted, the Kestrel 5500 becomes a full-featured weather station. Select "Add LiNK (Bluetooth Connectivity) + Vane Mount" or select the standard 5500 and purchase the vane mount separately in our Accessories section.
- Altitude (Barometric)
- Barometric Pressure
- Density Altitude
- Dew Point Temperature
- Direction (Wind Direction and Orientation)
- Headwind / Tailwind
- Heat Stress Index
- Relative Humidity
- Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)
- Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
- Wind Chill
- Wind Speed
- Easy to read, changeable between standard and NV backlit screen with high resolution for even bright sunny conditions.
- Time and date
- Waterproof and floats
- Exterior temperature, humidity, and pressure sensors for fast and accurate readings
- Humidity sensor can soon be calibrated in the field via cable or Dongle.
- Minimum, maximum, and average values
- Automatically store measurements, even when the unit is turned off
- Manually store measurements with the press of a button
- Customizable data storage - 10,000 data points
- Graph and recall trends
- Customize screens to display user-selected measurements
- Data charting
- Data upload to iOS and Android phones and tablets
- Data upload to Windows or Mac computers with optional USB Data Cable
- Data upload to Windows and Mac computers via wireless Bluetooth (LiNK Enabled Meters only with the optional Kestrel Dongle)
- Five languages (English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian)
- User-replaceable impeller
- Flip-top impeller cover allows use of other functions while protecting the impeller
- US Patent Nos. 5,783,753 and 5,939,645 and 6,257,074
- All instruments and accessories are completely assembled in the USA
Who is using the Kestrel 5500 Meter:
- Athletics & Outdoor Sports
- Education & Classroom Use
- Farming & Agriculture
- HAZMAT Response
- Hiking & Mountaineering
- Law Enforcement
- Precision & Competitive Shooting
- Research, Science & Technology
- Wilderness Canine Handler
Whats in the box?
- Kestrel Meter
- Neck Lanyard
- AA Lithium Battery (Average Life 400 Hours)
- Protective Drawstring Pouch
- Certificate of Conformity (with complete specifications)
- Instruction Manual
- 5-Year Warranty
Works with Compatible Apps:
Kestrel LiNK for Windows & Mac
Simple communication to Windows and Mac computers is provided through the optional LiNK .USB Dongle or USB Data Transfer Cable. Download your data to view, analyze and archive. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters.
Kestrel LiNK for iOS & Android
Wirelessly connect with iOS and Android devices. When in range, view real-time measurements, receive on-screen alerts and download your data. Logged data can be viewed, analyzed, archived and shared via e-mail, Facebook and Twitter. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters. NOTE: Range up to 100’ line of sight – reduced by walls and obstructions.
You may Also Be Interested in:
- Kestrel 5000 Series Vane Mount
- Belt Carry Pouch and other Cases
- USB Data Transfer Cable
- Kestrel LiNK Dongle for PC or Mac
- Spare/Replacement Wind Impeller
|Kestrel Weather & Environmental Meters are designed & manufactured in the U.S.A and are backed by a Manufacturer's 5-year warranty. Using cutting edge innovation and technology, Kestrel Meters are designed for stability and accuracy in abrupt condition changes. Rugged and durable, Kestrels are drop tested, waterproof and designed to float if dropped in water.||