A Kestrel D3 DROP works with many ballistics apps. Providing accurate temperature, pressure and humidity readings.
Monitor and record the conditions of any environment and easily access and chart real-time and historical data on your phone or tablet. A Kestrel DROP D3 logger can be placed wherever needed to log temperature, humidity and pressure with the data logs retrieved wirelessly and automatically to the Kestrel Connect app when within range(up to 100ft.). Kestrel DROP data loggers are designed to be used anywhere you need to track environmental conditions. DROP loggers meet military and international standards for water, dust and shock resistance (IP-67-30 minute submersion at 1m and MIL-STD-810G drop tested) and are equipped with a sturdy D-ring for hanging wherever needed.
Here are a few Ballistics apps which work with the D3 Ballistics DROP.
- Ballistic AE
- AB Mobile (tactical version only)
- MD Ballistics
Measures & Records:
- Relative Humidity
- Station Pressure
- Density Altitude
- Pressure Trend
- Heat Stress
- Dew Point
All you need is a DROP and a Smartphone with the free Kestrel LiNK app!
Kestrel LiNK is the free app that powers the DROP loggers. With Kestrel Connect, you can view real-time readings from any DROP logger within wireless range (100’ or more line of sight) via Bluetooth® low energy Each phone or tablet can connect to up to 8 DROP loggers at the same time and store data logs from many more. Min/Max/Average readings are clearly displayed and the log is viewable as a scrolling graph with detailed data for each logged point. The app also allows adjustment of the logging interval and other settings as well as real-time threshold alerts. Readings can be updated as frequently as every 2 seconds and logging time and date are automatically updated whenever connected to your smart device. Send and share real-time and logged environmental data via email, Facebook or Twitter.
DROP D1-D3 Data Points
DROP D3: Data Points: 6220
- Logging every 2 seconds: Fills up after 3.4 hours
- Logging every 10 minutes - Fills up after 43.2 days
- Logging every 2 hours - Fills up after 259 days
- The battery life will vary based on usage.
- For baseline conditions and settings*, the battery will last approximately 6 months. *Temp = 75°F, Logging Rate = 10 Minutes, Update Rate = 30 seconds.
- Battery life will be reduced by:
- Colder conditions
- More frequent logging or update rates
- Downloads of large data logs (or firmware updates) are best completed with a fresh battery and in temperatures above 10°C / 50°F.
- iOS 6 installed iPhone 4s, iPad 3rd generation, iPod Touch 5th generation and above.
- Android 4.2 and higher. Works with most Android devices with Bluetooth® low energy, including Samsung Galaxy, Nexus 4, Motorola Droid, and other recent generation phones and tablets.