Kestrel 5500 Weather Meter
Accurate environmental conditions, not from a distant weather station but from the palm of your hand with the Kestrel 5500 Handheld Pocket Weather Meter!
Wind speed, temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, wind direction and density altitude plus logging capabilities – the indispensable tool for portable environmental monitoring.The Kestrel 5500 measures every environmental condition plus wind direction, crosswind and headwind/tailwind. Use it golfing, sailing, flying, spraying, shooting and more. Drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand extreme environments, your Kestrel weather meter travels with you anywhere you dare to go. The Kestrel 5500 has a larger, higher-resolution and contrast built-in dual color backlit display, made from extra-strong polycarbonate lens for improved font readability. Optional LiNK iOS and Android wireless connectivity and app support available. Like all Kestrel meters, the Kestrel 5500 is drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand harsh environments without damage – so it can so it can work or play as hard as you do, wherever you do.
In addition to measuring the current environmental conditions, the Kestrel 5500 tracks and logs over 10,000 sets of time-stamped data. Your data log can be transferred to a iOS/Android device wirelessly with the LiNK wireless communication option and the Kestrel LiNK app, or to a Windows PC or Mac with either the accessory Kestrel LiNK Dongle or waterproof USB Data Transfer Cable (Both sold separately).The true versatility of the Kestrel 5500 becomes apparent with the addition of the Kestrel Vane Mount. This precision-engineered accessory securely mounts the Kestrel 5500 to any tripod or other ¼-20 fitted bracket. Once mounted, the Kestrel 5500 becomes a full-featured weather station. Select "Add LiNK (Bluetooth Connectivity) + Vane Mount" or select the standard 5500 and purchase the vane mount separately in our Accessories section.
Keep your Kestrel 5 series meter safe with the Kestrel 5 series waterproof Hard Case (available in our accessories section). The hard case comes complete with a die-cut foam insert which will hold the meter, Kestrel Portable Tripod, and vane mount.
- Current wind speed
- Average wind speed
- Maximum wind gust
- Wind Direction / Crosswind / Headwind
- Barometric pressure
- Pressure trend
- Altitude (Pressure Based)
- Relative humidity
- Heat stress index
- Dew point
- Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
- Density Altitude
- Wind Chill
- Air, water, and snow temperature
- Easy to read, high resolution screen (standard and NV backlit).
- Time & date
- Waterproof & floats
- Exterior temperature, humidity & pressure sensors for fast & accurate readings
- Humidity sensor can soon be calibrated in the field via cable or Dongle.
- Min, Max & Average values
- Automatically store measurements, when powered on or off
- Manually store measurements with the press of a button
- Customizable data storage - 10,000 data points
- Graph & recall trends
- Customize screens to display user-selected measurements
- Data charting
- Data upload to iOS & Android phones & tablets
- Data upload to Windows or Mac computers with optional USB Data Cable
- Data upload to Windows & Mac computers via wireless Bluetooth (LiNK Enabled Meters only with the optional Kestrel Dongle)
- Languages: English, French, Spanish, German & Italian
- User-replaceable impeller
- impeller cover allows use of other functions & protecting the impeller
- All instruments and accessories are completely assembled in the USA
Kestrel 5500 Specifications and Dimensions
- Dimensions: 5.0 x 1.8 x 1.1 in. / 12.7 x 4.5 x 2.8 cm
- Weight: 3.6 Ounces / 102 Grams
- Kestrel 5500 Certificate of Conformity (PDF)
- Kestrel 5500 Sensor Specifications (PDF)
- Kestrel 5500 Manual (PDF)
- MFG Part# 0855OLV, Model# 5500 (Olive Drab)
- MFG Part# 0855TAN, Model# 5500 (Desert Tan)
- MFG Part# 0855YEL, Model# 5500 (Yellow)
- MFG Part# 0855LVOLV, Model# 5500 with LiNK & Vane Mount (Olive Drab)
- MFG Part# 0855LVTAN, Model# 5500 with LiNK & Vane Mount (Desert Tan)
- MFG Part# 0855LVYEL, Model# 5500 with LiNK & Vane Mount (Yellow)
What's in the box?
- Kestrel 5500 Weather Meter
- Vane Mount & Case (5500 with LiNK only)
- Neck Lanyard
- AA Lithium Battery (Average Life 400 Hours)
- Protective Drawstring Pouch
- Certificate of Conformity (with complete specifications)
- Instruction Manual
- 5-Year Warranty
Free Shipping with tracking in the USA: ETA 2-3 Business Days. Additional UPS and USPS shipping services / rates are available for preview after placing your item(s) in the cart.
We ship worldwide with few exceptions. International shipping services and rates are available for preview after placing your item(s) in the cart. Please be prepared for any customs fees / taxes your country may charge you.
- Shipment tracking (all destinations): You will receive a shipping notice with tracking after your order ships.