The Kestrel 3000HS will give you accurate Heat Stress measurements, on-site and real-time
Our most popular Kestrel and the Preferred tool of the Wildland Firefighter. The Kestrel 3000 & 3000HS are the go-to tools for monitoring field conditions. You know you’re working hard. Make sure you’re staying safe. This multi-job tool isn't just for firefighters but is used by college and pro athletic trainers where heat stress is an important concern. As a bonus, the 3000HS comes with a copy of the Kestrel Heat Index Reference Guide. Like all of our Kestrel Instruments, they are made in the USA, extremely durable and backed by a full 5 year factory warranty. All Kestrel Instruments are waterproof, drop-proof and they float.
- Current Wind Speed
- Maximum Wind Gust
- Average Wind Speed
- Dew Point
- Heat Stress Index
- Relative Humidity
- Wind Chill
- Highly recommended equipment for wildland firefighters whose lives literally depend on the accurate weather data their Kestrel 3000HS provides.
- Real-time environmental monitoring keeps you from working past your limits.
- From the accurate relative humidity readings, the Kestrel 3000 also calculates dewpoint and heat stress index —important information to know when working or playing outdoors in hot and humid conditions.
- Used by NFL trainers to determine how frequently the athletes need to hydrate, and when the conditions are unhealthy for strenuous exercise.
- Calculates wind chill. A useful measurement for monitoring athletic teams or workers in cold environments.
Very easy to use, excellent and accurate data, very handy measurements to have. Also very nice working with the company, easy to order and arrived very quickly! So glad I got one, weather measurements are way easier now!
Extreme Meters customer: Lily F.
- Simple 3-Button Control
- High Contrast, Sunlight Readable Monochrome LCD Display
- Backlight (Blue white)
- Temperature Sensor (Patented External Isolated)
- CR2032 Coin Cell Battery (Average Life 300 Hours)
- Data Hold Function
- Drop-Tested to MIL-STD-810G
- Waterproof to IP67 (3'/1M for 30 minutes)
- Kestrel Certificate of Conformity
- Neck Lanyard
- Patented Impeller and Sensor Technology
- Slip-On Protective Cover
- Time of Day
- User-Replaceable Battery
- User-Replaceable Impeller
- Waterproof & Floats
- Designed and built in the USA
- Copy of Kestrel Heat Index Reference Guide
- Dimensions: 4.8 x 1.7 x 0.7 in. / 122 x 42 x 18 mm
- Weight: 2.3 Ounces / 65 Grams